Canada Fly In Trip - 06/08/16 09:44 PM

Just wanted to share some pics from are trip to Canada

Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: Canada Fly In Trip - 06/09/16 02:04 AM

Looks like an epic trip congrats
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Canada Fly In Trip - 06/09/16 02:23 AM

INCREDIBLE TRIP AND PHOTOS!!!!! thumb

That's living the good life, thanks for sharing.
Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: Canada Fly In Trip - 06/11/16 01:12 PM

Wow! thumb
Posted By: pearow

Re: Canada Fly In Trip - 06/11/16 04:20 PM

wow! good trip obviously!-p-
Posted By: Turf Dawg

Re: Canada Fly In Trip - 06/11/16 10:43 PM

Originally Posted By: J-Moe
INCREDIBLE TRIP AND PHOTOS!!!!! thumb

That's living the good life, thanks for sharing.

X2
Posted By: didja getny

Re: Canada Fly In Trip - 06/12/16 05:01 PM

BoPro great trip! Great fish! Where'd you go? And thanks for the post.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Canada Fly In Trip - 06/13/16 03:57 AM

coolphotos Good Stuff! cheers
Posted By: BoPro

Re: Canada Fly In Trip - 08/14/16 10:31 PM

Sorry for the late response. Here are some details of the trip and a link to more photos.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6UApQNqFMMYRUZKb2Z0d29OYlU

After contacting mutliple outfitters, I went with Clarks Resorts out of Vermilion Bay Ontario. Their service was top notch. They even provide free minnows for the week. Trust me, you will never run out. They also fly in to check on you every other day to resupply minnows and gas for the genertor. They even brought us more beer smile

Day 1, Travel day. It is about 1300 miles to Vermilion Bay. It was a little further for us because we had to pick up the photographer in Nebraska. We stopped in Fargo, ND for the night. I'd recommend Lucky's 13 Pub for dinner. There food was good, and the beer was tasty! Plus that area is surrounded by hotels.

Day 2, More driving - It took about 7 hours from Fargo to Vermilion Bay. Suprisingly there was alot of farm land in Manitoba, but once you got into Ontario, it became a sea of trees. We arrived at one of the resorts that Clarks owned at about 3pm, and stayed there for night before flying out at 6 am the next morning. We fished off the dock for a little bit, and saw some big muskie and walleye, but they didn't want anything to do with my flies. No biggie, because we would catch hundreds of fish over the next week.

Day 3 Fly out day - Fly out was actually delayed 5 hours due to fog, but they had a lodge for us to chill in with wifi, and we just killed time fishing off their docks. We finally arrived at the outpost at about 1 pm. After landing and settling in the cabin, we took the boats out for a few hours and landed about 50 walleye and lots of pike. We caught lots of fish on the banks of the cabin too.

Day 3-7 catching, catching, catching - Not much to say here. The cabin was awesome. It had propane for the shower, and a nice wood stove for heat. Plenty of fire wood that would last a month. We caught hundreds of walleye on both flies and minnows. We caught enough to get bored and just drove the boats around to explore the portage lakes. Pike were just as easy too catch, they are every where. Best bait were jig tipped with minnows, husky jerks, poppers, you name it. Anything we threw pretty much worked. For files, well, anything big and obnoxious... I would recommend crimping barbs on the hooks, and not using treble hooks. They are a pain in the A$$ when removing them from a Pike's toothy mouth.

Day 8 - Head home - We didn't fish but maybe 6 hours a day. I guess we got tired of catching. We spent the rest of the time hiking around, and just relaxing. The fly out was awesome, blue skies and we could see the whole landscape from the air, unlike the fly in day. The pilot even let my buddy fly for a bit. Cool deal.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Canada Fly In Trip - 08/15/16 12:26 AM

Again super post! thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum