Texas Fishing Forum

Got a new PB this weekend.

Posted By: Ruffhouse

Got a new PB this weekend. - 05/23/16 05:27 PM

Went out to a local pond this weekend had a good morning. I caught around 10 total and missed atleast that many bites.

Little bass

Good size bluegill. The fly I was told was called an ugly bug. It has a very large eye weight and sinks very fast.
I got more hits on this fly than any other and hooked into a big LMB and he broke me off.
It was my last fly of that kind so now I gotta find out where to get more. If anyone knows where I can buy that fly let me know.

Trying out different photo formats.

New Personal Best LMB. Didn't have a scale or tape but I think he was around 4 lbs.
Caught on a foam frog fly I got at bass pro.
Posted By: Linecaster

Re: Got a new PB this weekend. - 05/23/16 08:31 PM

Nice report, I really love big Blue Gill , that is a nice one you caught, Love your big bass too. Is that the Ugly Bug in the Blue Gills mouth?
Posted By: FishyB

Re: Got a new PB this weekend. - 05/23/16 08:35 PM

Very nice! Congratulations on the PB!! Keep the pictures coming. smile
Posted By: JdDurango

Re: Got a new PB this weekend. - 05/23/16 09:37 PM

Sweet! Congrats on the PB!

I like big bass and I cannot lie.

Re: Got a new PB this weekend. - 05/23/16 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Linecaster
Nice report, I really love big Blue Gill , that is a nice one you caught, Love your big bass too. Is that the Ugly Bug in the Blue Gills mouth?
yes that is the fly. you can also see it in the bottom right fish of the collage photo.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Got a new PB this weekend. - 05/24/16 03:53 AM

Some solid fish! Congratulations on your PB! cheers
Posted By: Capt. Mac

Re: Got a new PB this weekend. - 05/24/16 04:05 AM

Personally, I think that's a heck of a bluegill. I mean, the bass is pretty nice and I'm glad for you that it's a PB but - wow, what a bluegill!

Re: Got a new PB this weekend. - 05/31/16 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Linecaster

My Dad had a couple left over so he sent me a pic. I have the numbers and the name now I just need to find where to buy some more.
Posted By: Linecaster

Re: Got a new PB this weekend. - 05/31/16 06:25 PM

Looks like a modified Woolly Bugger, added bead chain/lead eyes and extended rubber legs.
Agreed with the comment above that, that Blue Gill is what I dream about for every trip I go hunting for them.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum