Texas Fishing Forum

Cat Fishing

Posted By: Lloyd5

Cat Fishing - 05/23/16 03:38 PM

With the river too high to wade I've been limited to fishing from the bank. I do this in front of the house. We have a cat that lives outside, a curious cat in many respects.

I may not see the cat for days at a time, until I go fishing from the bank. It draws him like a magnet. I once gave him a small bluegill but he was about as interested in it as he would be a rock. So it's not the fish he comes for.

Occasionally he'll play with and get tangled in the fly line piled up at my feet. A bit frustrating but more amusing really. I'll push him away with my foot and he'll leave the line alone. Push, not kick. I like this cat a lot.

But he will hang with me the entire time, laying nearby and watching with occasional little forays after whatever it is that tickles his fancy. Birds, squirrels, flying insects. He won't go far though and he'll come right back. This is generally accompanied by our two out door dogs as well, both large dogs that also like the cat and have never tried to harm it. But the dogs lose interest after half and hour and wander off. The cat stays.

Until I stop fishing. Then he disappears again until next time.

Odd cat.
Posted By: rrhyne56

Re: Cat Fishing - 05/23/16 04:00 PM

This is the kind of stuff that I love about TFF Fly Fishing section
Posted By: Lloyd5

Re: Cat Fishing - 05/24/16 12:26 PM

Thanks, just a random post about something I find entertaining.

LT
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum