Texas Fishing Forum

Cabela's and Bass Pro combos

Posted By: LBKflycaster

Cabela's and Bass Pro combos - 05/06/16 05:21 PM

I'm sure this had been discussed a million times but I'm in the market for a 5 weight and I was curious what you guys thought about the Cabela's and Bass Pro combos? I've got a couple 8 weights that are Orvis and TFO combos I just wondered how an $80 to $100 Cabela's or Bass Pro would compare
Posted By: rrhyne56

Re: Cabela's and Bass Pro combos - 05/06/16 05:43 PM

They ought to let you cast one, just to get a feel. I have personally found them to be completely satisfactory.
Posted By: RonL

Re: Cabela's and Bass Pro combos - 05/06/16 06:55 PM

Is there a particular combo your interested in ? Both places have several different combos . I have the RLS+ combo 9'-5wt . I've not actually fished with it but I have played with it and it's very nice ! I also have the Sage VXP 9'-5-wt rod which is suppose to be a lot better rod but I have also played with it and I cannot choose which one I like better . I like them both!

Re: Cabela's and Bass Pro combos - 05/06/16 07:35 PM

I can't remember exactly but I think it is either the wind river or three forks(????) That I was looking at. I think I kind of casted the wind river at the store in Allen and I'm pretty sure I liked it

Re: Cabela's and Bass Pro combos - 05/06/16 07:48 PM

I forget what the combo at bass pro is called
Posted By: BACKSEATWILLIE

Re: Cabela's and Bass Pro combos - 05/06/16 08:56 PM

If you want to possibly trade one of your 8's send me a PM. i assume you are in Lubbock?

Re: Cabela's and Bass Pro combos - 05/06/16 09:00 PM

I recently relocated to Flower Mound. Sending you a PM
Posted By: love2flyfish

Re: Cabela's and Bass Pro combos - 05/09/16 05:55 PM

I have the Cabela's Three Forks 3wt and 6wt. Very happy with both.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum