Texas Fishing Forum

Weekly Buffet Of Fish On The Fly - Video

Posted By: FishyB

Weekly Buffet Of Fish On The Fly - Video - 05/05/16 01:21 AM

Howdy All,

Knuckles and I have been busy catching fish! Over the past week, we hit the Brazos River right after they shut the flood gate last Monday and our local community pond for a little urban fishing several times. In fact we have been fishing so much, we have got behind on our videos, so we just created one to cover it all. Pardon Knuckles, he was trying out a new ultralight spinning reel setup before we hit Missouri in a couple of weeks; but there is a lot of fly fishing going on too! Anyway, enjoy the video and if you like it, please subscribe.

https://youtu.be/zBf9-_tUnxM

Here is a quick post about it on Bass Knuckles Fishing
https://bassknucklesfishing.wordpress.com/2016/05/05/weekly-buffet-of-fish-on-the-fly/

Thanks,
Posted By: Linecaster

Re: Weekly Buffet Of Fish On The Fly - Video - 05/05/16 01:40 AM

Brent nice video, I would suggest go down to a 3 weight and those fish will be a lot more fun.

Re: Weekly Buffet Of Fish On The Fly - Video - 05/05/16 01:28 PM

On your guidance, Linecaster, I am going to go tell my better 99%, that you said that Knuckles and I need 3 wt. rods for Mother's Day! smile
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Weekly Buffet Of Fish On The Fly - Video - 05/05/16 04:04 PM

Enjoyed the video. I love wade fishing the Brazos. Wish I could do more of it.

BTW, the first fish pictured was a Warmouth.

Re: Weekly Buffet Of Fish On The Fly - Video - 05/05/16 05:23 PM

Thank you J-Moe! We had no idea; absolutely beautiful fish....almost looks tropical in color.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Weekly Buffet Of Fish On The Fly - Video - 05/05/16 06:46 PM

Enjoyed the video. Love catching those sunfish. hooked

Side Note: Love the fat Warmouth. cheers

Re: Weekly Buffet Of Fish On The Fly - Video - 05/06/16 11:52 AM

We went back last night to our local spot and boy was it covered in vegetation! Almost the entire bank had 15' of growth and the creek leading into this little lake was completely choked off. Amazing what can happen in 48 hours, WOW! We would retrieve fish and have a salad too!! smile
Posted By: YAKnIT

Re: Weekly Buffet Of Fish On The Fly - Video - 05/07/16 12:20 PM

I was out on the Brazos last weekend and caught two big ol' fat sunfish. Seemed a bit odd, as I've rarely caught big ones out there - lots of little ones but not many fat ones. I also scored a whole bunch of small sandbass and one 22" striper.

Re: Weekly Buffet Of Fish On The Fly - Video - 05/09/16 12:23 PM

On the Brazos (below PK) Saturday morning. Had a fight on every cast for a solid hour of big sand bass and small stripers. Wore out by 8:30; great morning.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum