Texas Fishing Forum

Legally Can I Do This

Posted By: formula462

Legally Can I Do This - 04/25/16 09:58 PM

Streams are getting harder to access because of private property so here is a situation that I think I should be able to do. There are RR tracks crossing a county road that leads to a trestle through pasture land so could I walk the tracks from the road and then the stream via the trestle?
Posted By: JCG57

Re: Legally Can I Do This - 04/25/16 10:07 PM

The RR tracks are also private property - it belongs to the railroad, and they are very fussy about folks walking their tracks due to liability issues.

Re: Legally Can I Do This - 04/26/16 12:15 AM

I used to walk track and play around trestles all the time, never got called on it but that was then
Posted By: Dtheg

Re: Legally Can I Do This - 04/26/16 04:01 AM

Correct on rr being no go. Ever just contacted land owner and asked to cross property. I have and once he was convinced I was not going to damage or leave trash he was ok with it. It can be tricky locating them.

Re: Legally Can I Do This - 04/26/16 03:11 PM

Contacting the owner may be the way to go..I am building a house out there so maybe time to get to know the neighbors
Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan

Re: Legally Can I Do This - 04/26/16 07:44 PM

Ever watch Stand by Me? No thank you!

We used to play on the tracks at a bridge too....then one day a kid died. Train came and he couldn't make it off in time. Fence was erected not long later.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum