Texas Fishing Forum

Looking for a last minute fly fishing trip in Laguna madre

Posted By: Caseyusmc

Looking for a last minute fly fishing trip in Laguna madre - 04/25/16 12:59 AM

Hey I know it's late but I have a va appointment this week in chorus Christi and figured I might as well try my luck fly fishing in Laguna madra for some red fish and tarpon. I'm by no means an expert with my fly rod got started last year in washing chasing trout and landed a monster rainbow about about 12 pounds now I'm hooked. I would love to try my luck on some big reds or tarpon but need a guide who is understanding and maybe even willing to give some tips when I need them cause I will. Looking to book for this coming sat. Any guides out there or suggestions.

Thanks
Casey
Posted By: Randy M

Re: Looking for a last minute fly fishing trip in Laguna madre - 04/25/16 01:01 PM

Joe Mendez. Search his name for contact info. Great guy.
Posted By: JdDurango

Re: Looking for a last minute fly fishing trip in Laguna madre - 04/25/16 01:04 PM

Try Ben Paschal at www.lagunamadreoutfitters.com If he's booked his buddy Pilmer might be open.

Tell him Jeff sent you! smile
Posted By: fwkid

Re: Looking for a last minute fly fishing trip in Laguna madre - 04/25/16 02:03 PM

There's a younger guy in Corpus that is doing fly fishing trips. He's a veteran, heard good things.

www.docsfishingclinic.com

Re: Looking for a last minute fly fishing trip in Laguna madre - 04/26/16 06:49 PM

Thanks for the input guys. I'll be heading out with doc on sat and hoping to land my first red on a fly. Up till now I've only been in fresh water.

Re: Looking for a last minute fly fishing trip in Laguna madre - 04/26/16 09:08 PM

Good luck and be sure to come back and let us know how it went!

Re: Looking for a last minute fly fishing trip in Laguna madre - 05/01/16 05:04 PM

Well thanks again guys, on my way back from corpus now. I had the pleasure of the spending the day on the water with doc. He was able to get me on the fish. Saw plenty of big reds and flounders. I was able to catch a few differnt species of fish and had a great time. Look forward to coming back down soon.

Re: Looking for a last minute fly fishing trip in Laguna madre - 05/01/16 10:49 PM

Fantastic! Glad you had a great time.

I believe Doc has an Ankona Shadowcast skiff. How did you like it? Been thinking about one and would want to go check Doc's out since he's the Texas rep for Ankona.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum