Texas Fishing Forum

Breaking the Brazos

Posted By: GoodOleG

Breaking the Brazos - 04/17/16 07:38 PM

Fly fishing the Brazos River! Pending Largemouth Water Body record on the fly hooked

Posted By: formula462

Re: Breaking the Brazos - 04/17/16 07:57 PM

nice and what a great day,unfortunately what some will say will only be about the pronunciation of Brazos.. bolt
Posted By: spacemonkey

Re: Breaking the Brazos - 04/18/16 12:07 AM

Im curious? Are you saying that was a pending state record largemouth on a fly? Or was that just sarcasm?
Posted By: Fly Fishing Fanatic!

Re: Breaking the Brazos - 04/18/16 12:31 AM

Nice video and nice fish, as for a new water body record on a fly rod? Yup according to the TPWD website the current listed fly rod record for the Brazos is 3.11lbs, unfortunately since they were not using a certified scale I'm not sure they will get the record...

Re: Breaking the Brazos - 04/18/16 02:39 AM

Well that's interesting. Never been one to care much about records. Didn't realize the record was only 3 for a fly rod. Makes me kinda wish I had submitted some of the largemouth I've caught on the brazos on a fly! Bummer!

Nice fish though!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Breaking the Brazos - 04/18/16 04:29 AM

Enjoyed the video and congratulations on your fly rod record Bass! cheers
Posted By: GoodOleG

Re: Breaking the Brazos - 04/18/16 11:39 AM

Luckily for fly fishing records weight is not required. Same goes for catch and release. It's always good to know what the records and regulations are for every body of water that you fish. We will have to submit and see what TPWD says. It's a potential WATER body record. Hope you all enjoyed the video. That's really what this is all about, having fun and enjoying the great outdoors.

Re: Breaking the Brazos - 04/18/16 03:13 PM

Actually there are two categories for fly fishing records one requires a certified weight and the other is catch and release with just the measurement listed no weight.....

Re: Breaking the Brazos - 04/18/16 03:15 PM

And had I taken more measurements and certified the weight of my LMB form a private pond last April I would have shattered the private waters record by over 3lbs!
Posted By: JdDurango

Re: Breaking the Brazos - 04/18/16 04:41 PM

Wow that's a big fish.
Posted By: fwkid

Re: Breaking the Brazos - 04/18/16 06:16 PM

The record deal is more just for fun. Not trying to prove anything to anybody...I'm sure we've all caught bigger fish, but it is kinda fun submitting a fish for a possible record. Plenty of fish in the Brazos that will easily break it.

Thankfully, we have Russell here to keep us informed.

Re: Breaking the Brazos - 04/18/16 06:20 PM

What does water body record mean? Largest LMB in the state on a fly rod? Or just in the brazos?

Nice fish fanatic
Posted By: fwkid

Re: Breaking the Brazos - 04/18/16 06:25 PM

Just the Brazos, the state record is like 14+lbs.

Re: Breaking the Brazos - 04/18/16 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By: fwkid
Just the Brazos, the state record is like 14+lbs.

Ok yeah that's what I was thinking. Thanks

Re: Breaking the Brazos - 06/22/16 03:33 PM

This LMB would have set the mark for private waters....
Posted By: hook-line&sinker

Re: Breaking the Brazos - 06/24/16 01:44 AM

TPWD has expanded the categories of records to encourage people to fish and promote the sport. I know lots of fishers that have responded to the call and have a few awards for record fish they have caught. There are several categories that have no entry at all (mostly water body records) and those are just waiting for someone to fill and get started.
Posted By: HERROUTDOORS

Re: Breaking the Brazos - 06/25/16 02:18 AM

We have all probably caught fish that could have been record setting. Whether no camera, measuring device or just don't care for the acknowledgment. Don't hate, if it's so easy go beat it. If it's an incorrect species then you can make your point. Great fish man.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum