Texas Fishing Forum

Anyone here use Ross Flyreels ?

Posted By: RonL

Anyone here use Ross Flyreels ? - 04/14/16 03:45 PM

I been told that Ross flyreels are really good reels . Anyone here use any of the Ross flyreels ?
Posted By: txbassnewbie

Re: Anyone here use Ross Flyreels ? - 04/14/16 03:57 PM

I have a ross momentum lt solid reel I used couple times I bought it to use for redfish or steelhead. this reel is built like a tank and and is on the heavier side compared to my tfo bvk.
Posted By: centex7

Re: Anyone here use Ross Flyreels ? - 04/14/16 04:14 PM

I own two of the cheaper models. No issue so far. I've heard their warranty coverage is good.
Posted By: Arneckevillefisherman

Re: Anyone here use Ross Flyreels ? - 04/14/16 05:33 PM

Great reels. I own two evolutions. Never had any problems
Posted By: captaincam3

Re: Anyone here use Ross Flyreels ? - 04/14/16 06:01 PM

I have an 6 evolution and older 10wt I cant think of model, but both have had a bunch of hard use and abuse in Salt and fresh and are great reels. Murican made.
Posted By: mikey6345

Re: Anyone here use Ross Flyreels ? - 04/14/16 06:26 PM

I have an old Ross Gunnison on my 8-weight and it is a fantastic reel. Caught 5 little tunny on it one day when we were out snapper fishing and they got well into the backing and the drag was smooth. I found out later that every one of those fish would have about doubled the state record at the time.....oh well.

Caught a big 15 pound redfish on it two summers ago in Louisiana marsh and again it was great. I bet this reel is over 15 years old now.

Re: Anyone here use Ross Flyreels ? - 04/14/16 09:05 PM

This is great to know. I have a nephew that does alot of off shore fly fishing and he says that Ross Reels are the only ones he will use cause they are that good !
Posted By: JdDurango

Re: Anyone here use Ross Flyreels ? - 04/15/16 01:46 AM

I have a couple of Ross reels and love them. I use them now primarily for bass and trout.

I'm a Tibor reel fan for my salt reels.
Posted By: Lane H.

Re: Anyone here use Ross Flyreels ? - 04/15/16 01:49 PM

I have an Animas on my Blue Halo 7wt. Love it.

Re: Anyone here use Ross Flyreels ? - 04/15/16 08:55 PM

How about the Lamson Remix 2 reel ? Anyone tried one yet ?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum