Texas Fishing Forum

Wading belt

Posted By: PowerLizard

Wading belt - 03/20/16 07:46 PM

Does anyone use a padded wading belt? Does it make much of a difference? I have lower back issues and when I spend the day walking up and down the river shoreline, my back is the first thing to feel bad. I was thinking about buying the Simms padded wading belt.
Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: Wading belt - 03/21/16 01:42 AM

Seriously man if you have back problems and you're wearing wadders buy a supporting back brace. Probably 90% less than the Simms belt. Just put it on over your wadders instead of under your shirt. All that is needed to keep water from running down you is compression around your circumference you would basically be killing two birds with one stone. Helping to maintain posture and support your back and keep from drenching yourself too much after a spill. Just my .02
Posted By: Jesse10

Re: Wading belt - 03/21/16 01:45 AM

It may help, but personally I would stretch before going out and take frequent breaks. I don't see a wading belt helping, unless you get that wide one with lumbar support.
Posted By: PowerLizard

Re: Wading belt - 03/21/16 02:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Jesse10
It may help, but personally I would stretch before going out and take frequent breaks. I don't see a wading belt helping, unless you get that wide one with lumbar support.

I am looking at the Simms Backsaver Wading Belt. It has the lumbar support.
Posted By: RexW

Re: Wading belt - 03/21/16 12:57 PM

I've never tried one, but I know a couple of folks with back issues that swear they're the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Posted By: Flying Fox

Re: Wading belt - 03/22/16 03:06 AM

belt won't really make any differences
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum