Texas Fishing Forum

Wader recommendations

Posted By: sbtay

Wader recommendations - 03/05/16 05:40 PM

My Redington Palix River waders are leaking bad in both legs after about 15 months of heavy use in the Brazos, Nolan and LMF. I have never owned any other waders, but am looking to spend $250 or less on a new pair. I liked the Redington's, so maybe the Sonic Pro's ($205 on Amazon), the new Palix River's ($169), or Simms Freestone ($249), other brands? Anyone have any suggestions or insight from owning multiple brands/models?
Posted By: 68camino

Re: Wader recommendations - 03/05/16 09:14 PM

I think all of those would probably be great choices. If I were you I would have a look at the cabelas bargain cave. I know I saw a few nice sets comparable to those mentioned for a nice price. Seems like they were all priced between 100-200. Just an idea
Posted By: TarponFly

Re: Wader recommendations - 03/07/16 01:35 PM

Osprey
White River at Bass Pro Shop

They were on sale for $89.00 2 weeks ago. Otherwise a bump back up to $125. They have reinforced knees and butt. These are the exact waiters I use for running around the creeks in Dallas and the lower mountain fork River chasing trout
Posted By: PowerLizard

Re: Wader recommendations - 03/07/16 01:49 PM

Originally Posted By: TarponFly
Osprey

They were on sale for $89.00 2 weeks ago. Otherwise a bump back up to $125. They have reinforced knees and butt. These are the exact waiters I use for running around the creeks in Dallas and the lower mountain fork River chasing trout

They are still on sale according to the BPS web site.
Posted By: 68camino

Re: Wader recommendations - 03/07/16 02:40 PM

Oh awesome. Those would be fantastic as well.
Posted By: txbassnewbie

Re: Wader recommendations - 03/07/16 03:59 PM

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/waders~d~243/
Posted By: Zip-ur-Fly

Re: Wader recommendations - 03/07/16 04:40 PM

Originally Posted By: TarponFly
Osprey

+1 I bought both the Osprey's and their wading boot a couple of weeks ago. I wade the shore of Twok regularly. IMHO they are a very good product. Do not miss my old neoprene's at all.
Posted By: Lane H.

Re: Wader recommendations - 03/07/16 05:15 PM

I'm still a big fan of the Orvis Encounter line of waders and boots.
Posted By: JdDurango

Re: Wader recommendations - 03/14/16 12:55 PM

Simms or Patagonia.

Personally I prefer Simms.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum