Texas Fishing Forum

Broken Bow /LMFR suggestions

Posted By: Duckcreek Davy

Broken Bow /LMFR suggestions - 03/02/16 06:33 AM

Hi folks. My wife is really chompin at the bits to go spend a few days early next week in the broken Bow lake/Beavers Bend/LMFR area. ( yes I know how lucky I am to have a wife with such outrageous demands!)
Can any of you guys suggest decent lodging that is easy accessible to some kind of water a disabled person could fish? Cancer has left me unable to stand or walk for very long. I am getting much better, able to hit some creek banks and such if I take my wheeled walker along, but slippery rock wading and such....the things I love to do, are out of the question right now. Are there any spots a person such as myself could access and fish from the bank at in the park? Is the lake fun to fish. I haven't been to this area since camping there a few times back in the early 80's. So I'm without a clue here. Doesn't have to be the hotspots, just hoping to catch a few trout. Never caught one in my life. laugh
Posted By: tchunter

Re: Broken Bow /LMFR suggestions - 03/02/16 02:55 PM

Give the park a call at (580) 494-6300. They are very helpful. There are cabins at the park which may suit you. Call them. Good luck.
Posted By: tchunter

Re: Broken Bow /LMFR suggestions - 03/02/16 02:55 PM

Give the park a call at (580) 494-6300. They are very helpful. There are cabins at the park which may suit you. Call them. Good luck.
Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan

Re: Broken Bow /LMFR suggestions - 03/02/16 04:19 PM

Try fishing near the miniature golf course in the park, you can back your car right up to the water (just about).

Besides that, the Old Cold Hole (bridge that washed away) is about the only other place, but it's a 200 yard walk to the shoreline and it's rather iffy after the flood (rocky).

The handicap fishing piers were all damaged....one is left at the Kayak Rental/Fly Shop (where it used to be) on the south side of the bridge.

Best of luck! Get some powerbait and a small hook. Good luck!
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Broken Bow /LMFR suggestions - 03/02/16 07:15 PM

Might try the power house channel, that's fairly accessible.
Posted By: Duckcreek Davy

Re: Broken Bow /LMFR suggestions - 03/03/16 06:36 AM

Thanks for the help guys. Really appreciate it.
Posted By: Turf Dawg

Re: Broken Bow /LMFR suggestions - 03/03/16 11:55 AM

Right now if you are bait fishing I would say the small pocket water on the blue zone side of evening hole bridge. You can park real close, small slope and could sit on a bucket or folding chair. A couple of elderly gentleman were catching at that spot last week.

Hope your recovery is going well. That stuff can sure leave you zapped. Also, take a light jacket. Sitting in the shade with the wind coming off that cold water you might get chilled.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum