Texas Fishing Forum

Three Rivers Fly Shop Closing sale

Posted By: Turf Dawg

Three Rivers Fly Shop Closing sale - 02/13/16 05:22 PM

Just a heads up. Three Rivers is closed and is going to be a winery. They are having a 40% off [are there abouts] sale for everything left in the store. For you TFO fans that means the rods they have in stock are pretty cheap. I bought a Reddington Drift reel [discontinued and harder to find] for $59. 40% off Rio and Cortland lines are a great deal.

Stock up because until Coach gets to rebuild the Beavers Bend Fly Shop there will not be any fly shops around the park.
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Three Rivers Fly Shop Closing sale - 02/14/16 06:29 AM

Dang that's a shame, That might pose a problem for business in the park for a while.
Posted By: kentuckytroutbum

Re: Three Rivers Fly Shop Closing sale - 02/14/16 02:11 PM

Guys=

Just had a brain implosion, someone with an enterprising mind could stock a step truck with fly fishing supplies, and park it on the highway next to the northern entrance to the park. Kinda like a food truck in concept, but for fishing.

Bill
Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: Three Rivers Fly Shop Closing sale - 02/15/16 04:10 AM

Turf you know if Linda and them are going to run the winery or did they sell out?

Re: Three Rivers Fly Shop Closing sale - 02/15/16 12:09 PM

Robert, from what I have heard and read it will be theirs. I think they are even growing their own and making their own.
Posted By: Bass Bug

Re: Three Rivers Fly Shop Closing sale - 02/15/16 02:24 PM

mmm, homegrown
Posted By: Golfer Jeff

Re: Three Rivers Fly Shop Closing sale - 02/15/16 05:58 PM

Jesse and LInda will own the winery. Some homegrown stuff, but some will come from other vineyards. Not exclusive to 'wine' either from what I hear.

Beavers Bend Fly Shop hopes to be up and running by Spring Break. They will have an expanded place above the floodplain. All of your tackle/fly needs can be met less than 50 feet from the river. Guides, too.
Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan

Re: Three Rivers Fly Shop Closing sale - 02/15/16 07:45 PM

It takes years for grape plants to get big enough to harvest for wine. I don't see that being a quick deal.
Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: Three Rivers Fly Shop Closing sale - 02/16/16 02:02 AM

My guess is they have had them going in anticipation of this move. I'm really glad to hear that it is still going to be them I will have to stop in and get a bottle. Yes most of the vineyards in Texas even though they do have some of their own grapes import a lot of the grapes for the actual winemaking process. Glad to see they'll be around still though.
Posted By: texasflycaster

Re: Three Rivers Fly Shop Closing sale - 02/16/16 03:03 AM

Many wineries and most of these new distilleries get their grapes or spirits, respectively, from somewhere else. Check those whiskey bottles closely. The (new) majority of the micros say, "bottled, blended, mixed," but not "distilled." That stuff is from a huge factory. Buying grapes has been going on a long, long time as well.
Posted By: betterbet24

Re: Three Rivers Fly Shop Closing sale - 02/17/16 06:46 PM

where is three rivers located?

Thanks,

Re: Three Rivers Fly Shop Closing sale - 02/17/16 08:45 PM

Originally Posted By: betterbet24
where is three rivers located?

Thanks,

Broken Bow/Hochatown OK.

Online sales only shop is closed
Posted By: bigjhoov

Re: Three Rivers Fly Shop Closing sale - 02/24/16 02:02 AM

They have had several vineyards going for a while. Anyone that knows jess and Linda know that they don't do anything half way, or without planning.

We were there at Christmas when they were bottling their first batch of wine. The back half of the shop was converted to a bottling room. It was good, and I'm not a wine drinker.

The area is losing a great ambassador of the LMFR by the closing of the shop.
Posted By: Texorado

Re: Three Rivers Fly Shop Closing sale - 02/25/16 07:26 PM

Anyone know how long their shipping usually takes? Ordered a pack from them to help out since they seem like a stand up group. Just don't know how long I'm gonna have to dream about using it lol.

Re: Three Rivers Fly Shop Closing sale - 02/26/16 01:43 AM

It took Linda a couple of days to put my order together then I got my UPS shipping number. I guess it was around a week. It was no longer than Cabelas takes
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum