Texas Fishing Forum

No knot fast snaps?

Posted By: Smurfs

No knot fast snaps? - 02/03/16 12:10 AM

Does anyone use No knot fast snaps or something equivalent on your fly rig and what do you think about them?
Posted By: txbassnewbie

Re: No knot fast snaps? - 02/03/16 12:36 AM

I used them before and liked them but eventually went with a furled leader with a tippet ring on the end and just use mono for the last portion to the fly
Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: No knot fast snaps? - 02/03/16 12:44 AM

If I was fishing for bluegill and small creek Bass most of the time I have looked at them and would really like to give them a try. But even Fishing 6x if I was tangled in with a 25 inch trout and that thing failed their CEO might be cautious getting to his car at night LOL. That being said txbassnewbie has a sugjestion I think you might be happier with. Get a good furled leader and add mono or floro as needed.
Posted By: Turf Dawg

Re: No knot fast snaps? - 02/03/16 01:11 AM

I like furled leaders but the fast snaps are for changing flies, and would have nothing to do with the leader, so you never cut the tippit. I have heard some people like them but I have never tried them.
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: No knot fast snaps? - 02/03/16 01:34 AM

Exactly Turf Dawg, just looking to see if someone uses them and likes them or not!
Posted By: charlief1

Re: No knot fast snaps? - 02/03/16 02:55 AM

I've used them and they work ok, but I have had to pinch them closed after a few changes. Even lost a fly once but the clip was still there.

Re: No knot fast snaps? - 02/03/16 03:23 AM

Oh I thought you were referring to those quick connect leaders.
Posted By: pearow

Re: No knot fast snaps? - 02/03/16 03:32 AM

yeah; they're good; especially for flies that impart action; as they act as a loop knot; the tippet will break before the snaps bend-p-

Re: No knot fast snaps? - 02/03/16 04:05 PM

Had to look them up would probably be very good for articulated streamers
Posted By: txbassnewbie

Re: No knot fast snaps? - 02/03/16 04:15 PM

my prob with fast snaps is that you tend to get lazy you don't check the knot or leader for frays. also in my experience you need to close down the snap with pliers after some uses especially after catching a big fish as they tend to open up.

I actually use them more now on my baitcaster setup I take off the ring and snap straight to the crankbaits

Re: No knot fast snaps? - 02/03/16 07:18 PM

Hmm have to try that as well. I just pick some up I was shocked they had them at Academy
Posted By: Dtheg

Re: No knot fast snaps? - 02/05/16 10:07 PM

THATS NOT Tradition!!!! Lol. I may have to give them a try. I have never see them before. Thanks

Re: No knot fast snaps? - 02/05/16 10:19 PM

Lol I'll try them this wee and see what I think they had some at Academy right next to the split shot and swivels
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum