Texas Fishing Forum

Just booked a Guide on the White river or there abouts

Posted By: Redsox4Life

Just booked a Guide on the White river or there abouts - 01/08/16 09:03 PM

I booked a guide through Dallys fly shop for next Thursday!! So excited they could fit me in! Never been before, and I'm so pumped up!!! I will report back next week. Fingers crossed I land a good Brown Trout!! I don't know what to really expect, but I hoping its awesome!
Posted By: ArlingtonTroy

Re: Just booked a Guide on the White river or there abouts - 01/08/16 09:54 PM

I fished with Dally's fly shop, specifically Chad Johnson, two years ago and it was the best day of fly fishing that I have had to this point. We fished for rainbows earlier in the morning and caught well over 50 each (my brother and I) and then fished for browns all afternoon catching several nice ones.

On a side note, fishing solo, I really enjoyed renting a canoe and fishing the Norfork river. There is a ton of great water and they have some very nice sized fish.

Have fun and post pics!

Re: Just booked a Guide on the White river or there abouts - 01/08/16 09:58 PM

Thanks for the post! Great review, I hope my trip mirrors your! I recent got a GoPro, so this will be my first time using it.
Posted By: Sully79

Re: Just booked a Guide on the White river or there abouts - 01/10/16 04:09 AM

You can't go wrong with any guide from Dallys. We fished with John Berry last year and had a great time. Good luck!

Re: Just booked a Guide on the White river or there abouts - 01/19/16 04:47 PM

Well, no Gopro...But above is a pic of the best I got. The River was way up, and the guide said the conditions were extremely tough. I caught 3 bows and 3 browns. It was pretty cool chucking a streamer all day, and when those brown hit, they walloped it! All in all the trip was well worth it, and if you ever need a guide give Marc Poulos a call. Can't wait to get back up there!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum