Texas Fishing Forum

Nets

Posted By: Dtheg

Nets - 01/02/16 06:03 PM

I have never used one and went to look at some and could not figure out why some were so much money and some so cheap. It will be one net for general purpose. If someone can educate me on good bad and what to look for please do.
Posted By: Jim Ford

Re: Nets - 01/02/16 06:16 PM

FWIW I prefer rubber because it's less likely to foul a hook and it's much easier on the fish. The type of fishing you do will dictate what you need in a net.

Re: Nets - 01/02/16 06:37 PM

What type of fishing is for what net.
Posted By: mbarker68x

Re: Nets - 01/02/16 10:55 PM

Basically, a good mid length net is all you need. I have had several over the years. started out with cheap ones with nylon net material. The hooks get caught up in the netting all the time. changed up to a Cortland clear rubber net material for $20. Flies getting caught was a thing of the past. Started high sticking nymphs with a 10' rod and the $20 net just wasn't cutting it. Had to play the contorsionist just to get the fish into the net. Bought a Fishpond mid length net and it solved my problems. Able to reach out and net the fish without having to bend over backwards to do it. Also works great fishing from a canoe or kayak. Just enough length without becoming a pain. I would say any rubber net material with a overall length Of 20-28" and you should be able to land fish using a longer rod, but still short enough to tuck it under your wading belt or attach it tou you back if using a vest.

Re: Nets - 01/02/16 11:55 PM

Thanks everyone
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum