Texas Fishing Forum

Any rivers not swollen and angry this weekend?

Posted By: Lane H.

Any rivers not swollen and angry this weekend? - 12/31/15 02:28 AM

Are there any rivers in Central or North Texas currently fishable, or has the recent winter storm wrecked another weekend's fishing?
Posted By: rrhyne56

Re: Any rivers not swollen and angry this weekend? - 12/31/15 02:40 AM

Now there's a research project, that or contact TPWD.
I'd lay out where all were possible venues and Google the levels. Or call those park offices.
I suppose my answer is "I don't know". Hope you do find some good fishing!

Re: Any rivers not swollen and angry this weekend? - 12/31/15 02:59 AM

The usual suspects (Guadalupe, Llano) look like they could catch some rain. New Braunfels for sure, but it looks like Castell could be dry.

Brazos looks right out, especially below PK. Lower Colorado and San Marcos may be floatable, but I figured I'd ask.
Posted By: Ethanki

Re: Any rivers not swollen and angry this weekend? - 12/31/15 03:40 PM

does anyone think the blue river Oklahoma is fish-able?
Posted By: Bob9

Re: Any rivers not swollen and angry this weekend? - 01/01/16 07:25 PM

Read elsewhere, Blue OK for bait fishing now, fly fishing next Tuesday or Wednesday.

Bob

Re: Any rivers not swollen and angry this weekend? - 01/02/16 04:30 AM

Flows on the Guadalupe are way down from what they were. Wondering about a Sunday trip.
Posted By: ZzzKing

Re: Any rivers not swollen and angry this weekend? - 01/02/16 03:44 PM

Brazos River Authority guys said a guy caught a 19lb striper below the PK dam on Thursday on a fly rod. They are blowing a lot of water through there though.

Re: Any rivers not swollen and angry this weekend? - 01/05/16 05:27 AM

Didn't make it to the Guadalupe, but went to my local TPWD stocked pond later in the evening on Saturday. I didn't have long to fish, but that didn't stop me yanking this lil guy out from his home in the pond's cold depths.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum