Texas Fishing Forum

First Fly Fishing Video

Posted By: MGStrong

First Fly Fishing Video - 11/30/15 02:23 AM

Been a lurker here for a while, fished with a few of you. After watching several great fishing videos posted here, it encouraged me to give it a try. So, here's my first attempt at putting some of my footage out. Special thanks to FishyB for lending me the PK footage. All tips, advice, and critiques are welcome..
https://vimeo.com/147209676
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: First Fly Fishing Video - 11/30/15 04:46 AM

Enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing. cheers
Posted By: Capt. Mac

Re: First Fly Fishing Video - 11/30/15 03:02 PM

Nice work! I like the mix of still photos and video. I thought the music was very fitting for the pace of the video. And, I liked the shot with the bug walking on the camera lens, brings a little bit of nature right into your lap. A bug in your face is fitting for a trout fishing video anyway.
Posted By: ElectricSixes

Re: First Fly Fishing Video - 11/30/15 03:08 PM

Really liked the video! Nice work!
Posted By: lambcotx

Re: First Fly Fishing Video - 11/30/15 03:29 PM

Cool video, some really beautiful photos.
Posted By: Linecaster

Re: First Fly Fishing Video - 11/30/15 03:30 PM

Enjoyed your video, fished next to you in the pool at PK for awhile, was nice meeting you.
Posted By: FishyB

Re: First Fly Fishing Video - 11/30/15 04:36 PM

Great job buddy! Can't wait to slay them this weekend and get more footage with you!
FishyB

Re: First Fly Fishing Video - 11/30/15 05:14 PM

Thanks everyone! I had fun making it. Looking forward to doing another one.

@Linecaster - nice meeting you too. I went back the following week but didn't have as much luck. Will give it another go pretty soon.

Re: First Fly Fishing Video - 11/30/15 06:44 PM

I went back on the 19th with my son in law and two grandsons, we caught three small stripers in that same vicinity on the river bend.
Brent will the stripers be biting in the colder water, noteing that you intend going back there shortly?

Re: First Fly Fishing Video - 11/30/15 07:26 PM

Howdy Eric,
Every indication I have been given, the stripers will continue to bite until the water gets down in the 40's. Checked out the USGS for Graford, Texas, it would appear that they have opened a gate on the PK Dam a couple of days ago. The water is up over 10' on the gage and running 10,000+ CFS and with all the rain we have had, I doubt they close it any time soon. The good Lord looks out for idiots and small children; I guess that is why Strong, Knuckles, Got Chum, G Loonis and I are heading to Galveston this weekend for redfish and specks and not floating the Brazos this weekend like originally planned on from a couple of weeks ago! smile

Re: First Fly Fishing Video - 11/30/15 07:53 PM

Thanks for the information Brent.

Re: First Fly Fishing Video - 11/30/15 07:54 PM

I assume the stripers fly down those gates???? Maybe this will stir things up a bit, wash down the old fish (that saw a lot of pressure) and bring in some new.

Re: First Fly Fishing Video - 11/30/15 08:55 PM

Bring in some new blood, Brent wisrd up all the old big ones. grin

Re: First Fly Fishing Video - 11/30/15 09:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Linecaster
Bring in some new blood, Brent wisrd up all the old big ones. grin

Exactly, lol. wink

Re: First Fly Fishing Video - 11/30/15 09:52 PM

I don't know Eric, I'm pretty sure it was Nicholas that was catching all the Big ones. stir

Re: First Fly Fishing Video - 12/01/15 01:49 AM

You are so right Knuckles is to blame. banana

Re: First Fly Fishing Video - 12/01/15 01:07 PM

Yeah, don't blame me, I am just the designated driver....it's Knuckles that terrifies the big ones! smile
Posted By: txmark1959

Re: First Fly Fishing Video - 12/01/15 02:28 PM

good video!

thumb

Re: First Fly Fishing Video - 12/02/15 12:59 AM

Thanks Banker!

Re: First Fly Fishing Video - 12/02/15 01:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Capt. Mac
Nice work! I like the mix of still photos and video. I thought the music was very fitting for the pace of the video. And, I liked the shot with the bug walking on the camera lens, brings a little bit of nature right into your lap. A bug in your face is fitting for a trout fishing video anyway.

Thanks Capt! I used the music as a placeholder, but it turned out okay. That bug was on my GoPro for several minutes, and I had no idea until recently when I went through a bunch of footage. Bug in the face is a definitely a good thing when trout fishing.

Re: First Fly Fishing Video - 12/02/15 01:03 AM

Originally Posted By: ElectricSixes
Really liked the video! Nice work!

Thanks Electric!

Re: First Fly Fishing Video - 12/02/15 01:05 AM

Originally Posted By: lambcotx
Cool video, some really beautiful photos.

Thanks Lambco! Pretty country up there. Even a dolt like me can get a good shot.

Re: First Fly Fishing Video - 12/02/15 01:06 AM

Originally Posted By: txmark1959
good video!

thumb

Thanks Mark!

Re: First Fly Fishing Video - 12/02/15 05:36 PM

I don't want to take away from Michael's incredible video.

To all those that were inquiring about the current flow rate below PK..... They have shut the gate on the PK Dam and flow is approximately 220 CFS, water level is probably a little higher than normal at the moment, but should be great by this weekend.
FishyB
Posted By: Bradyfisherman4

Re: First Fly Fishing Video - 12/09/15 02:25 AM

Awesome vid! May have to go check out some of those places
Posted By: ruasoonerfan2

Re: First Fly Fishing Video - 12/09/15 11:41 PM

Great Video, really enjoyed it.
Posted By: birddogs2

Re: First Fly Fishing Video - 12/10/15 11:22 AM

watched and enjoyed this video,, 3 times,, with my morning coffee... truly enjoyed both the videos and the music.. congrats on a job well done.
tom

Re: First Fly Fishing Video - 12/11/15 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Bradyfisherman4
Awesome vid! May have to go check out some of those places

Thanks Brady! I used Island Park, ID as a base and hit ID, WY, MT. Some amazing trout waters up there. Scenery is pretty awesome too.

Re: First Fly Fishing Video - 12/11/15 01:44 PM

Thanks ruasoonerfan2!

Re: First Fly Fishing Video - 12/11/15 01:45 PM

Originally Posted By: birddogs2
watched and enjoyed this video,, 3 times,, with my morning coffee... truly enjoyed both the videos and the music.. congrats on a job well done.
tom

Thanks birddog!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum