Texas Fishing Forum

Llano River Sunday

Posted By: lambcotx

Llano River Sunday - 11/17/15 06:01 AM

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tcga0xl1aya8weo/llano4.mp4?dl=0 Cold and rainy but still caught a good many. Maybe the sun will come out someday? This part of the river is in my top 3 stretches on the Llano, there isn't as many bigger fish but it makes up for it in numbers.
Posted By: Lane H.

Re: Llano River Sunday - 11/17/15 07:06 PM

Awesome video. Did you wade or kayak?
Posted By: Linecaster

Re: Llano River Sunday - 11/17/15 07:15 PM

Nice video, what weight rod were you using?
Posted By: dbltea

Re: Llano River Sunday - 11/17/15 08:34 PM

Nice ...i have not been out that way in the past 3 or 4 years ...I need to change that. Have you fished the James River crossing lately?
Posted By: lambcotx

Re: Llano River Sunday - 11/17/15 11:43 PM

I waded, that crossing is cool because it's shallow with tons of pools. You can walk bank to bank for a long ways and never get wet to your knees with a little looking ahead. the rod was a three forks 5 wt I caught the most on a little craft fur minnow I tied on a no. 8 hook and a lil bead head with rabbit fur and marabou. I went to James river crossing in October with the kayak, there is some good fish there. I live in llano and the country from mason up is a lot different and I try to get there as often as possible. My favorite place on the Llano is above Telegraph, I try to start out and paddle up far as I can by lunch and fish my way back. I really want to go all the way to paint creek lake where the big spring is but haven't made it that far because I'm always itching to cast the flyrod.
Posted By: Near Nuthin'

Re: Llano River Sunday - 11/18/15 12:52 AM

Great video and the river was gorgeous. Good times
Posted By: Lane H.

Re: Llano River Sunday - 11/18/15 01:51 AM

Originally Posted By: lambcotx
I waded, that crossing is cool because it's shallow with tons of pools. You can walk bank to bank for a long ways and never get wet to your knees with a little looking ahead. the rod was a three forks 5 wt I caught the most on a little craft fur minnow I tied on a no. 8 hook and a lil bead head with rabbit fur and marabou. I went to James river crossing in October with the kayak, there is some good fish there. I live in llano and the country from mason up is a lot different and I try to get there as often as possible. My favorite place on the Llano is above Telegraph, I try to start out and paddle up far as I can by lunch and fish my way back. I really want to go all the way to paint creek lake where the big spring is but haven't made it that far because I'm always itching to cast the flyrod.

Thanks for the tips! I've got a kayak I've been itching to take out and both my dad and I love the Llano.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Llano River Sunday - 11/19/15 05:02 AM

Enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing. cheers
Posted By: 2dogkayak

Re: Llano River Sunday - 11/25/15 03:21 AM

PM sent.

Bill
Posted By: txmark1959

Re: Llano River Sunday - 11/25/15 02:38 PM

excellent
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum