Texas Fishing Forum

My little 4wt got way more than bargained for today!!! Pic heavy

Posted By: Robert Hunter

My little 4wt got way more than bargained for today!!! Pic heavy - 11/12/15 04:10 AM

Well when my four got thrown in the truck yesterday in anticipation of Fishing mid day in between hunts today. I'm sure it was just thinking hey I get to go after some crappie tomorrow. Well it did then as I was stripping a Clowser by the Beaverdam I had been catching Crappie on it got smashed and I was taken deep into the backing very quickly I still had 5X on from trout fishing last week in Missouri and Arkansas. After a long battle I finally get back most of my line and realize it is about a 10 pound blue cat. I'm not sure what happened but right as I got it to the bank they hook pulled out and it was gone. About 15 minutes after this I get a subtle tap and after a hard set I know immediately the way the fish is taking off it is a very big bass. I've caught enough to know that when you set the hook and it just didn't really care and just keeps on swimming at no quick pace at all you've got a toad. I was very lucky she went strait for open water and I ran down the shore to put pressure away from the Beaverdam. Not much you can do to keep them from jumping with a long flyrod up in the air I finally see the line coming up she made three or four crazy tail walks and back down. Soon after I finally got the best of her great fish on such lite line and a litte rod. I was going to hold her for a bit to make sure she was revived but with the cooler temperatures she promptly gave me a shower as she took off. So now I walk back up to my sticks and hook another fish that that pulled like crazy at first then it rolled. Nice channel cat to finish the outing. Make an even better day was able to take I nice doe this afternoon so bring on the jerky. My Photobucket has been acting really crazy I will have to post the picture separate but all in all a fantastic day.
Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: My little 4wt got way more than bargained for today!!! Pic heavy - 11/12/15 04:11 AM

Posted By: HERROUTDOORS

Re: My little 4wt got way more than bargained for today!!! Pic heavy - 11/12/15 06:29 AM

Awesome
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: My little 4wt got way more than bargained for today!!! Pic heavy - 11/12/15 06:51 AM

Solid Post! Good job. cheers
Posted By: Cowtown Kid

Re: My little 4wt got way more than bargained for today!!! Pic heavy - 11/12/15 10:03 AM

Nice!

texas
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: My little 4wt got way more than bargained for today!!! Pic heavy - 11/12/15 10:10 AM

Great stuff Robert!!!!
Posted By: Capt. Mac

Re: My little 4wt got way more than bargained for today!!! Pic heavy - 11/12/15 02:48 PM

You sure catch a lot of fish for a guy that's "deer hunting".
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: My little 4wt got way more than bargained for today!!! Pic heavy - 11/12/15 03:49 PM

Great job, but I'm afraid that the deer would have to wait if the fish were biting like that.
Posted By: Linecaster

Re: My little 4wt got way more than bargained for today!!! Pic heavy - 11/12/15 09:24 PM

Great 4 weight action. Nice big fish.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: My little 4wt got way more than bargained for today!!! Pic heavy - 11/19/15 01:43 PM

Great post and some solid fish. Good job Sir!
Posted By: txmark1959

Re: My little 4wt got way more than bargained for today!!! Pic heavy - 11/19/15 03:03 PM

cool pics....thanks
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum