Texas Fishing Forum

Not often I'm chasing crappie in October but.....

Posted By: Robert Hunter

Not often I'm chasing crappie in October but..... - 10/29/15 03:54 AM

But when big slabs just want to pounce on flys as fast as they hit the water. Then fight like ive never seen crappie fight. They are really hard to pass up!

Re: Not often I'm chasing crappie in October but..... - 10/29/15 03:57 AM

Been seeing a lot of deer as well but most people wouldn't complain but I'm seeing almost all bucks right now and a lot of them. Had five young does come in this evening and I just almost had enough and took some veal deer. Would not have had to of been much bigger for me to do that LOL.
Posted By: Capt. Mac

Re: Not often I'm chasing crappie in October but..... - 10/29/15 02:23 PM

I keep telling you to stop wasting time on the deer. laugh
Posted By: formula462

Re: Not often I'm chasing crappie in October but..... - 10/29/15 02:53 PM

If you could just get the deer to take a fly...now that would be a fight
Posted By: Crazy4oldcars

Re: Not often I'm chasing crappie in October but..... - 10/29/15 11:03 PM

Roped a deer
I first saw this several years ago. I still laugh til I got tears running down my face.

Kirk

Re: Not often I'm chasing crappie in October but..... - 10/30/15 12:26 AM

Rotf Lmbo now that's funny and yes those hooves are very sharp we tried to get just a yearling out of a fence one time. I unknowingly had a hold of one back leg my grandpa came to help me pull it the rest of the way out so we could get it on its way. one swift kick off that other rear leg that was loose and it looked like my grandpa had tried to commit suicide slashing his wrist open. It required several stitches and was one of the cleanest cuts I have ever seen. That was actually the first time I ever heard my grandpa cuss I'll never forget it. he was highly upset at that deer at this point just trying to help it. I don't quite remember if that deer made it on its Merry Little way or not after that.
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Not often I'm chasing crappie in October but..... - 10/30/15 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Crazy4oldcars
Roped a deer
I first saw this several years ago. I still laugh til I got tears running down my face.

Kirk

That brought tears to my eyes roflmao
Posted By: Crazy4oldcars

Re: Not often I'm chasing crappie in October but..... - 10/31/15 12:39 AM

You can just see that ol' boy thinkin' he's got it all figgered out, then BAM! duel

Kirk
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Not often I'm chasing crappie in October but..... - 10/31/15 02:45 PM

Nice slab! cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum