Texas Fishing Forum

Well capt Mac was part right! Crappie massacre happened again:)

Posted By: Robert Hunter

Well capt Mac was part right! Crappie massacre happened again:) - 10/15/15 04:00 AM

OK so I finally kept some today and I broke off the only size 6 pink and white Clouser I had :-(. I lost one that was 3 pounds or a little over and finally broke it off on the largest Crappie I have ever hooked. This fish had to be over the four pound mark. It wallowed around on the surface like a fat cow stuck in the mud. My eyes popped out as it came up. And there went pinkie! The strangest thing is I had more Crappie come up with Jump and tail walk like they thought they were a bass than I have ever seen. It was a great sit in the deer blind as well or my tree with some two by sixes nailed in it LOL. I saw several turkey and I had a group of bachelor bucks coming and from my bow feeder were less then 15 yards for more than two hours I just got to watch them it was an amazing day with all the Crappie. My buddy was mad watching me out fish him with the fly rod when he was using minnows. Hey it was all good in the end we were throwing fish back as we had to many very quick. Now I just have to fillet all these suckers lol.
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Well capt Mac was part right! Crappie massacre happened again:) - 10/15/15 02:05 PM

Wow, 15 inch trophy Crappie in a pond. Must be an awesome pond!!! Great job thumb

Now, the big one that got away. Let's see, you fished with that pink clouser last week and this week and caught a ton of fish on it. Did you retie before you got broke off? hammer
Posted By: Capt. Mac

Re: Well capt Mac was part right! Crappie massacre happened again:) - 10/15/15 02:06 PM

I showed my wife those pictures. She hates you. roflmao

Re: Well capt Mac was part right! Crappie massacre happened again:) - 10/15/15 03:18 PM

Nope I should have retied several fish before but hard to stop catching them that fast. Of course when it's your last fly I should have taken the time.

Re: Well capt Mac was part right! Crappie massacre happened again:) - 10/15/15 03:18 PM

Dang capt she hasn't even met me yet.

Re: Well capt Mac was part right! Crappie massacre happened again:) - 10/16/15 03:09 AM

I don't know how pixilated it will show up so idk if you can see when the clouser goes in the water. This fish pulled off but it was that fast for about an hour and a half. This was after catching the first fish and striking out for a bit. I know dang well where there is one Crappie there are at least two. Went vertical for a sec but the 6x I had on my four I had to land then jump off the dock and grab them to not break off. That's when I finally found a thingy bobber to stay on the bank to catch fish. I started thinking about it it may be the added length of the flyrod causing so many fish to come up and jump and I know they fought like crazy.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Well capt Mac was part right! Crappie massacre happened again:) - 10/16/15 12:37 PM

Awesome Job Robert! Nice haul! thumb
Posted By: 1flytyingace

Re: Well capt Mac was part right! Crappie massacre happened again:) - 11/22/15 02:30 PM

Where did you catch these large crappie and when

Re: Well capt Mac was part right! Crappie massacre happened again:) - 11/22/15 06:24 PM

I manage some private lakes for trophy bass. they are really just a nuisance but a lot of fun to catch (and fantastic eating)when you can get on top of them and catch one after the other. They were up real shallow three feet of water feeding on baby shad and blue gill left exposed from the grass getting knocked back by cooler weather.

Re: Well capt Mac was part right! Crappie massacre happened again:) - 11/22/15 08:13 PM

Oh and I've been catching them Most constantly the last four weeks. we will see what this new cold front does I keep thinking they're going to go deep at some point.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum