Texas Fishing Forum

Blue river

Posted By: RAKK3187

Blue river - 10/12/15 02:14 AM

Anyone been up there lately? I was going to take my kid up there camping next weekend. I know a week or two before the actual trout stocking but I liked camping up there before so I figured I'd try it again. It's the blue or LBJ grasslands but I haven't been up there before. Neither have had many posts on here lately. I'm assuming the spring rain is still affecting both. Any info would be appreciated. Thx
Posted By: DainW

Re: Blue river - 10/12/15 01:23 PM

I was up there on Labor Day and did pretty well on bass. It's not all that recent though so who knows what the fishing is like now. Flows were fine at the time, so I would think they'd be ok now. Fishing might be tough though because the water should be cooling off which means the bass won't be as active, but there aren't any trout in the river yet. With the warm weather that's predicted for this week though, who knows, it might be really good.
Posted By: RAKK3187

Re: Blue river - 10/13/15 01:18 AM

Thanks for the info. I guess I was more worried that the spring rain had washed the place out. With a 6yr old he will probably more interested in playing shoot guns through the park. Appreciate it though.
Posted By: DainW

Re: Blue river - 10/13/15 04:35 PM

No problem. I've been back a couple times since all the rain we've gotten and the river seems to be fine, as well as all the campgrounds so you should be good to go.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum