Texas Fishing Forum

Definition of seriously!

Posted By: Dtheg

Definition of seriously! - 08/04/15 01:49 AM

Get out of work early. Ride home from ft worth, 70 miles. Change grab fly rod head to pond. Now I am also dealing with tooth that is killing me and family thinks I'm home in bed. Get to pond throw many bugs and end up with popper and dropper woollybuger. Finally see fish, then see big fish. Set the hook three times and nada. Pull fly and check my wholly annnnnnnnnnnd NO HOOK. GLAD my daughters weren't here to repeat all my slow down check your stuff blablablablabla!
Posted By: Crazy4oldcars

Re: Definition of seriously! - 08/05/15 10:47 PM

Priorities, Man! Priorities!
So, you turning into one of those "thrill-of-the-chase" fly fishers? You, know, those guys who think getting the bite is good enough? stir bolt

(For any of you that might fish this way, including Dtheg :), I'm just yanking his chain. I don't care how you fish, and I won't really give you a hard time about it.)

(Much.)

Kirk
Posted By: Linecaster

Re: Definition of seriously! - 08/05/15 11:39 PM

No hook just does not work:)

I have seen, been shown a fly by a dude who cut the hook point off at the bottom of the bend and was wondering why he could not bring the fish to hand. When I asked why he had cut the hook point off he said he did not want to keep the fish. I did suggest the removal of the barb , it was like a light bulb went off.
Posted By: Dtheg

Re: Definition of seriously! - 08/06/15 02:20 AM

Lol no issue.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum