Texas Fishing Forum

TFO CUSTOMER SERVICE

Posted By: Dtheg

TFO CUSTOMER SERVICE - 05/26/15 03:59 PM

I am a customer for life. Their service is fantastic. Walked broken rod in and moments later out with new. No hassle at all. Thanks TFO
Posted By: txbassnewbie

Re: TFO CUSTOMER SERVICE - 05/26/15 04:20 PM

that is greatt i have three of their rods. As they are local to me and the lifetime warranty sold me
Posted By: UrsusVeritas

Re: TFO CUSTOMER SERVICE - 05/26/15 04:42 PM

great to hear.
Posted By: chefmike

Re: TFO CUSTOMER SERVICE - 05/26/15 05:15 PM

Yep, great service, great company and great rods
Mike
Posted By: TrentonLee

Re: TFO CUSTOMER SERVICE - 05/26/15 05:23 PM

I've heard nothing but good reports on their customer service. Haven't had any issues with any of my TFO equipment yet but it's good to know that if I do I will have no trouble getting it taken care of.
Posted By: Linecaster

Re: TFO CUSTOMER SERVICE - 05/26/15 05:23 PM

I baught the TFO 8' Proffessional 2 weight about 9 years ago, after 3-4 years I broke the middle section. I visited their factory outlet, the guy there found a replacement section then looked at my rod and said the handle did not look too good and promptly gave me a brand new rod. It only cost me the time to visit there. Very impressed.
Posted By: Fly Fishing Fanatic!

Re: TFO CUSTOMER SERVICE - 05/27/15 03:18 PM

Ok hang on just a minute! So all of you are saying you got your rods fixed or replaced for FREE? Because I have 3 rods from TFO and both times I visited their offices for broken rod tips they charged me $30? I'm either talking to the wrong person when I visit or I have sucker written across my forehead! I love their rods but I have never gotten any repairs or replacement parts for free? Can someone from TFO clear this up for me?
Posted By: Linecaster

Re: TFO CUSTOMER SERVICE - 05/28/15 03:02 AM

I understand the charging of a fee is a recent event.
Posted By: Fly Fishing Fanatic!

Re: TFO CUSTOMER SERVICE - 05/28/15 03:22 PM

Nope not recent! I have had two rods repaired in the last two years and they charged me BOTH times?
Posted By: 2FlyFish4

Re: TFO CUSTOMER SERVICE - 05/28/15 09:10 PM

ya i've been charged also for walk in repairs over the last few years.
Posted By: MR2 David

Re: TFO CUSTOMER SERVICE - 05/28/15 09:37 PM

got two rods fixed, 3wt twice and 5wt once.. each rod was $15 each time, but got two free hats so i call it a wash
Posted By: George Glazener

Re: TFO CUSTOMER SERVICE - 05/29/15 12:30 PM

TFO :
“Our NO FAULT LIFETIME WARRANTY will repair or replace your rod for a reasonable shipping and handling charge for the life of the registered owner”.

Temple Fork Outfitters has the very best reputation in the industry for fast dependable lifetime warranty service. I have had only one mishap with a TFO fly rod and they replaced the tip section at no charge.

Those of us that live in the DFW area close enough to TFO to bring broken rods, are very fortunate to be charged only handling costs.

I have been told of cases where TFO has replaced rods that had been salvaged and asked for replacement.

One bad apple can spoil things for everyone.
George Glazener
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: TFO CUSTOMER SERVICE - 05/29/15 02:58 PM

No a fly rod but last month I had a Tactical series break a tip section about 4" off, new rod no questions asked, best service I ever had.
Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: TFO CUSTOMER SERVICE - 05/30/15 05:48 AM

I have replaced twice no charge. They actually got a laugh out of the fact that told them I sucked the tippit up in the rolling brush of my vacuum and it broke four pieces off my tip rolling it up in there before I could turn the vacuum off. They said wow never heard that one before and gave me a brand-new Rod all four pieces. Teach me to slaughter Sandbass every day of the week and never have time to put my rod up.
Posted By: COFF

Re: TFO CUSTOMER SERVICE - 06/01/15 10:10 PM

Where is this TFO factory outlet?
Posted By: Dtheg

Re: TFO CUSTOMER SERVICE - 06/01/15 10:45 PM

Don't know about outlet but their address is
Temple Fork Outfitters
8105 Sovereign Row
Dallas, Texas 75247
Posted By: RexW

Re: TFO CUSTOMER SERVICE - 06/02/15 03:00 PM

TFO doesn't have a factory outlet. They only sell through dealers and they do not sell direct to customers. Their office is located in Dallas and they support walk in warranty claims which makes for a quick repair if you are in the area and something bad happens to your rod.

I know nothing about their warranty fees and procedures, so I can't comment on them. But, I do know that their goal is to process warranty claims within 24 hours and that excellent customer service is a high priority for TFO.

Posted By: mbarker68x

Re: TFO CUSTOMER SERVICE - 06/03/15 01:56 AM

I have only had to use the warranty once for my 2wt finesse. I sent it out on Tuesday and had the replacement on Friday to go fishing that weekend. Was like 7.95 to send it to them with a $25 dollar check enclosed . Great warranty, so I am sold and will not buy any other brand rod any more. The other companies "O" charged me $55. "S" for a buddy was $75. "C" did me well with a walk in direct swap in the store so I can't complain about them, just prefer the TFO rods over them.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum