Texas Fishing Forum

New personal best on my TFO 5wt

Posted By: Fly Fishing Fanatic!

New personal best on my TFO 5wt - 05/24/15 03:45 AM

Caught this bad boy on my TFO 5wt with a hand tied clouser minnow, topped out at 10lb 14oz and 29 1/2" ran me to my backing 3 times before I landed him! Caught in our trophy ponds at the Guthrie Ranch in Morgan Texas.....

Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: New personal best on my TFO 5wt - 05/24/15 04:47 AM

Welcome to the ten club and on the fly congratulations. I have caught a couple over seven on the fly. But no dd on the long rod yet. Hooked into one last year that had the feel of one but it pulled the hook. She looks like she had a few eggs left or she has been feeding back up from the rigors of the Spawn. Good looking fish you getting a replica done? If so I would highly recommend an elite replica from fish scale taxidermy out of Waco they are hands-down the best bass replicas I have seen.
Posted By: moonriver

Re: New personal best on my TFO 5wt - 05/24/15 04:50 AM

WOW. That's a giant.
Posted By: Fly Fishing Fanatic!

Re: New personal best on my TFO 5wt - 05/24/15 01:01 PM

We love our Florida large mouth! We had them put in about 6 years ago and we have about 7-8 giants that dominate the two trophy ponds and a good amount of 4-6 pounders. Our 50 acre trophy lake on the north ranch has not been seriously fished in many years, I intend to change that with the purchase of a couple of new kayaks I'm guessing the big lake may hold a few fish in the 12-15 pound range......
Posted By: Capt. Mac

Re: New personal best on my TFO 5wt - 05/24/15 01:17 PM

I see fish like that in my mind just about every cast I make at Ray Roberts. Never have had anything close to that come into reality though. Congratulations.
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: New personal best on my TFO 5wt - 05/24/15 02:17 PM

Incredible fish on the fly, Congrats thumb
Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: New personal best on my TFO 5wt - 05/24/15 05:50 PM

You really need to be taking a bunch of little fish out of there or your fish will get stunted in a hurry if you don't want to eat them and give them away leave those big girls to do their thing but it can happen in a hurry and small waters with no pressure. I have one of my ponds that we have failed to take fish out at a good rate for just two years and it is already happened of course the big fish are still there but all the upcoming fish are all the exact same size I have been just throwing them on the bank at my other pond all the fish under 3 pounds normally come out of there and the size structure is fantastic
Posted By: 2FlyFish4

Re: New personal best on my TFO 5wt - 05/24/15 11:42 PM

great fish man!
Posted By: TrentonLee

Re: New personal best on my TFO 5wt - 05/26/15 03:59 PM

Awesome catch!!! Thanks for sharing
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum