Texas Fishing Forum

Big Bass Small Fly (Video )

Posted By: Linecaster

Big Bass Small Fly (Video ) - 05/18/15 03:28 AM

Had limited success on Saturday, I was targeting "bream" with my TFO 2 weight fly rod when this bass decided my small fly was what he wanted, sorry no sound as I thought I could add it on You Tube but that was is longer available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw--Lsrw-6o
Posted By: Capt. Mac

Re: Big Bass Small Fly (Video ) - 05/18/15 02:11 PM

A couple of times there I thought I was about to hear a rod CRACK! Beautiful fish.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Big Bass Small Fly (Video ) - 05/18/15 02:17 PM

Awesome video. Good job. cheers

Re: Big Bass Small Fly (Video ) - 05/18/15 04:08 PM

Thanks for the replies, yes watching the video makes me cringe when I saw myself assisting with the left hand above the handle, not the best thing to do. That fish really pulled hard.
Posted By: TrentonLee

Re: Big Bass Small Fly (Video ) - 05/18/15 04:10 PM

Awesome video! Thanks for sharing

Re: Big Bass Small Fly (Video ) - 05/18/15 04:17 PM

Thankyou, the two weight would have hard time landing your signature catch, well done to you.

Re: Big Bass Small Fly (Video ) - 05/18/15 04:24 PM

Thanks Linecaster...caught that one on my baitcaster before I converted over to fly fishing. TFO rod seems to have done a great job on the one you caught!

Re: Big Bass Small Fly (Video ) - 05/18/15 05:08 PM

For me fly fishing is it. I have no more conventional tackle any more.
I may pay the price for that rod bend later. That 2 weight rod is my favorite for bream. TFO are good rods with a lifetime warrenty.

Re: Big Bass Small Fly (Video ) - 05/18/15 06:02 PM

Yessir...haven't picked up my conventional gear since I caught my first fish on the fly this year. I purchased my first TFO rod as well and couldn't be happier with it.
Posted By: Double K Outdoors

Re: Big Bass Small Fly (Video ) - 05/18/15 07:18 PM

Great to see you out there and looks like you did ok. I was one of the other kayakers out there. I was in the Sand colored one. That was a great catch with the bass!

Re: Big Bass Small Fly (Video ) - 05/18/15 07:46 PM

Thank you, is that kayak a new one? It looked great, 11 foot?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum