Texas Fishing Forum

Texoma Sunday

Posted By: captaincam3

Texoma Sunday - 05/15/14 09:04 PM

Heading up there Sunday with the boat to see if we can get some early morning striper action on the surface, and once the wind picks up (which I'm sure it will) maybe looking for some smallies on the rocks. Any pattern recommendations or locations for smallies that someone would be willing to share a secret with.
Posted By: glen6131

Re: Texoma Sunday - 05/15/14 10:31 PM

There a couple of weeks ago. Caught some good smallies and largemouth. In the coves on Preston point, in both marinas around Eisenhower and the coves and points from Eisenhower to the dam. Using a cone zonker in orange and brown. Let it sink and move it slow along the bottom and rocks. Water was really clear then..Don't know what its like after the rains. Also caught a few stripers in the same area...
Posted By: texasflycaster

Re: Texoma Sunday - 05/16/14 02:15 AM

I have heard ... there are sizable smallmouth in coves with timber. Heard that from a conventional competitive tournament fisher very recently.

Re: Texoma Sunday - 05/17/14 05:16 PM

Same guy said they were ON this past Thursday. Caught 35 conventionally. Show-and-tell = he didn't really tell, except to say they are out on the rocks now. I was after striper yesterday, so I didn't press him for info on smallmouth.
Posted By: JW.

Re: Texoma Sunday - 05/18/14 08:45 PM

Are the stripers coming on shallow during the early mornings yet?
Posted By: moonriver

Re: Texoma Sunday - 05/18/14 09:45 PM

The answer is YES.

Caught 1 small mouth bass, 6 sandbass, and 8 stripers this morning, but all those fishes were not caught with flies, with home made top water lures.

Re: Texoma Sunday - 05/18/14 10:04 PM

some photos:

Re: Texoma Sunday - 05/18/14 10:11 PM

Re: Texoma Sunday - 05/18/14 10:13 PM

Posted By: WLY

Re: Texoma Sunday - 05/19/14 12:37 AM

Those are some big fly patterns used to catch those fish.

Re: Texoma Sunday - 05/19/14 01:48 PM

Yup. They're "on the rocks" so to speak.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum