Texas Fishing Forum

Few on the fly from White Rock

Posted By: Dfitz

Few on the fly from White Rock - 05/13/13 01:24 AM

These are a few pic from last Thuesday and this afternoon. Had a lot of fun and caught my first Buff plus 2 more.

I normally post in Sunfish section, but all these were caught fly fishing and thought you guys might enjoy some White Rock fish pics.

Hope you enjoy.

Posted By: Matt Miller

Re: Few on the fly from White Rock - 05/13/13 01:50 AM

Very nice! Thanks!
Posted By: Mateo Clemente

Re: Few on the fly from White Rock - 05/13/13 04:14 AM

Nice!What did the buff take?

Re: Few on the fly from White Rock - 05/13/13 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Mateo Clemente
Nice!What did the buff take?

2 took a small black wooly bugger and the other a small shad fly.

Re: Few on the fly from White Rock - 05/13/13 02:34 PM

Forgot my channel pic

Posted By: winchester44

Re: Few on the fly from White Rock - 05/13/13 09:33 PM

Congrats! We were casting at the carp at Benbrook for a solid 4 hours yesterday. Must have tried 30 flies- literally. Some were spawning, but most were hoovering up whatever they could find in the mud and off the grass. Everything except a fly. We tried everything from the Medusa San Juan to micro midges and every carp specific fly in between. There were hundreds and hundreds of them stacked along the south banks and out in the flats. I counted 54 in spot. Very frustrating day. Headed to Ray Roberts this weekend where the carp usually cooperate!

Re: Few on the fly from White Rock - 05/14/13 12:33 AM

Originally Posted By: winchester44
Congrats! We were casting at the carp at Benbrook for a solid 4 hours yesterday. Must have tried 30 flies- literally. Some were spawning, but most were hoovering up whatever they could find in the mud and off the grass. Everything except a fly. We tried everything from the Medusa San Juan to micro midges and every carp specific fly in between. There were hundreds and hundreds of them stacked along the south banks and out in the flats. I counted 54 in spot. Very frustrating day. Headed to Ray Roberts this weekend where the carp usually cooperate!

I feel ya. Tried to catch carp many times and not one yet. Won't stop me from trying though.

Good luck at RR!
Posted By: Chuck7700

Re: Few on the fly from White Rock - 05/14/13 02:27 PM

nice catch
Posted By: Pastor Joshua

Re: Few on the fly from White Rock - 05/14/13 06:49 PM

What a nice mix.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum