Texas Fishing Forum

5lb Bass in Lubbock...

Posted By: fliesflyfishing

5lb Bass in Lubbock... - 09/09/11 04:41 PM

I just caught a 5 lb bass in Lubbock, I don't know if anyone knows how freakin hard that is but it was probably the biggest fishing accomplishment I've had.

Re: 5lb Bass in Lubbock... - 09/09/11 04:41 PM

O on the fly rod by the way.
Posted By: Bass Bug

Re: 5lb Bass in Lubbock... - 09/09/11 04:58 PM

wopics

pictures or it didn't happen
Posted By: preast

Re: 5lb Bass in Lubbock... - 09/09/11 05:00 PM

Congrats. I would imagine that fly fishing in Lubbock is an accomplishment in itself wink
Posted By: gray

Re: 5lb Bass in Lubbock... - 09/09/11 07:20 PM

I am with bass bug on this one. Pics, or it didn't happen....

hahahaha
Posted By: SBridgess

Re: 5lb Bass in Lubbock... - 09/09/11 07:49 PM

I just want to see a picture of water in Lubbock! laugh

Re: 5lb Bass in Lubbock... - 09/09/11 07:55 PM

Originally Posted By: SBridgess

rolfmao rolfmao rolfmao rolfmao
Posted By: JoeTaylor

Re: 5lb Bass in Lubbock... - 09/09/11 09:26 PM

flehan clap rolfmao
Posted By: texasflycaster

Re: 5lb Bass in Lubbock... - 09/09/11 10:29 PM

Five pounds counts in my books (with pictures) ... naaa, really good, and hard to do. Congrats! Now every other LMB you catch will seem small.
Posted By: ScottEvil

Re: 5lb Bass in Lubbock... - 09/10/11 02:19 PM

very nice, now go get a 15# carp frkazoid
Posted By: Lou r Pitcher

Re: 5lb Bass in Lubbock... - 09/10/11 04:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Bass BugŪ
Originally Posted By: SBridgess

rolfmao rolfmao rolfmao rolfmao

The Lubbock bass waters must be next to the big football and mens basketball championship trophy storage complex. hmmm
Anyway, congrats on the catch!

Posted By: trapperben

Re: 5lb Bass in Lubbock... - 09/10/11 07:35 PM

The city lakes are actually doing pretty good right, we had a couple of inches of rain which restored them. He did not say which of the lakes he caught his in but some had decent fish in them. Not many 5 lb bass come out of them though.

And not every aggie is a wise a** either, just some.
Posted By: Ban-D

Re: 5lb Bass in Lubbock... - 09/10/11 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Bass BugŪ
wopics

pictures or it didn't happen

Posted By: MHawk82

Re: 5lb Bass in Lubbock... - 09/11/11 04:38 AM

Originally Posted By: trapperben
And not every aggie is a wise a** either, just some.

It's a cult. Drink the kool-aid and get a gold ring. I'm going to apply.....never.
Posted By: David Cole

Re: 5lb Bass in Lubbock... - 09/12/11 01:06 PM

Where? I was out there this past weekend...most of the Playa Lakes looked almost empty...
Posted By: trapperben

Re: 5lb Bass in Lubbock... - 09/14/11 02:05 AM

Either you saw the one by the reserve center/airport or you don't have a clue what they look like almost empty like they were a month ago. That area did not get any rain.

But that is fine, sure you know more about them then I do.

Re: 5lb Bass in Lubbock... - 09/14/11 03:57 AM

In the lake at Raiders Pass apartments, That is where I live at during the school year. I fish that playa every day. I have caught a bunch of small bass and some cat-fish on the flyrod. I caught a catfish two days ago on the fly while it was surrounding its babies. I would post a pic of it but I don't know how on here.

Re: 5lb Bass in Lubbock... - 09/14/11 04:14 AM

Originally Posted By: fliesflyfishing
In the lake at Raiders Pass apartments, That is where I live at during the school year. I fish that playa every day. I have caught a bunch of small bass and some cat-fish on the flyrod. I caught a catfish two days ago on the fly while it was surrounding its babies. I would post a pic of it but I don't know how on here.

Instuctions for posting photos
if you have any problems hollar ...basically you take your photo link (from flikr, photobucket, picasso, etc) and paste it with the forum code for images which is [img]first and [/img]at the end like this - --> [img]www.yourlinkgoeshere.jpg [/img] its important that you image be proper format ending in .jpg or .jpeg (there are a couple others also)
Posted By: RaiderDale33

Re: 5lb Bass in Lubbock... - 09/14/11 04:55 AM

Awesome, are you the guy I met at the city lakes last year that count a 6 or a 7lber on the fly?

Re: 5lb Bass in Lubbock... - 09/14/11 05:07 AM

Originally Posted By: RaiderDale33
Awesome, are you the guy I met at the city lakes last year that count a 6 or a 7lber on the fly?

Nah man if that was me I would have quit fishing forever in Lubbock. The biggest thing I have caught here is 5 lbs. I am still trying to fish the canyon lakes to see what is in there but I haven't caught anything in there at all. Have you fished them yet?
Posted By: RaiderDale33

Re: 5lb Bass in Lubbock... - 09/14/11 06:18 AM

Yeah I've fished the canyon lakes. Some of them have produced. I seen a guy last year fly fishing one of the canyon lakes and he showed me a pic of a 6 or 7lb fish he caught a few days before. Try the creek part of canyon lake #6, I've caught a few out of there and thats where the other fly fisherman was.

Re: 5lb Bass in Lubbock... - 09/14/11 03:03 PM

Thanks I am going to try it tonight and see what I find.
Posted By: SBridgess

Re: 5lb Bass in Lubbock... - 09/15/11 11:28 AM

Nice radar pic in Lubbock this morning! clap
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum