Texas Fishing Forum

Mixed Species

Posted By: Jesse10

Mixed Species - 03/07/18 09:20 PM

Father in law came in from Brady wanting to accomplish a meat haul, so that’s what we did! Anyone for gar balls?

Re: Mixed Species - 03/07/18 09:40 PM

I don’t want anyone to know where my gar hole is at, hence the black clouds!
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Mixed Species - 03/07/18 09:59 PM

If you were, where I think you were, I didn't see you today. Caught about a 25lb Drum. Would post a pic, but that must take a higher education that I have! bang

Re: Mixed Species - 03/07/18 10:10 PM

I don’t think you were where I was today. Pics are easy to post. Take a screenshot of whatever you would like to post, save it to your phone photos, go to upload symbol when posting content, pick from photo library (your screenshot), add file, save all images, submit at end.
Posted By: sae

Re: Mixed Species - 03/08/18 02:46 AM

Good job , thank you for the photo help.
Posted By: Capt. Mac

Re: Mixed Species - 03/08/18 02:47 AM

Nice gar!
Posted By: Bonofly2010

Re: Mixed Species - 03/08/18 02:58 AM

I think I caught the same Gar but it was easier because he was still tired LOL
Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: Mixed Species - 03/08/18 05:26 AM

Lol why are you cutting my pretty face out of the picture? I was too lazy to get my waders on to go up there that far early. I went down looking for “other fish” honked when we went through the low water crossing moving on. Bono caught up with us after you sent me that pic we had a “decent”day lol. First time I’ve ever got multiple sextuple hookups on video back to back haha. Great gar bud wish you weren’t working Sunday!!!
Posted By: RODS454

Re: Mixed Species - 03/08/18 11:13 AM

That’s a nice meat haul right there!

Re: Mixed Species - 03/08/18 12:31 PM

Thanks for the positive replies. I saw you Robert. That gar was about a 4 footer from snout to tail. Bonofly came walking up just as I released it and then caught him again 20 minutes later. The gar was fun Capt Mac. I caught him on a 5 weight 8lb tippet. Gotta be a river record on fly! Hahahaha. Hope everyone has a great week! My father in law wants to do it again today! I guess we’ll go. I’m wore out. Been at it solid for three days. Cheers!
Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: Mixed Species - 03/08/18 04:29 PM

Yeah I bet he does after days like that!! My backs hurting this morning LOL but I can’t go Friday or Saturday so I think I’ll be after it again today:).
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Mixed Species - 03/09/18 05:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Jesse10
Thanks for the positive replies. I saw you Robert. That gar was about a 4 footer from snout to tail. Bonofly came walking up just as I released it and then caught him again 20 minutes later. The gar was fun Capt Mac. I caught him on a 5 weight 8lb tippet. Gotta be a river record on fly! Hahahaha. Hope everyone has a great week! My father in law wants to do it again today! I guess we’ll go. I’m wore out. Been at it solid for three days. Cheers!

So all I want to know...do you think that gar would be a 4 lb mono record?

Re: Mixed Species - 03/09/18 07:19 PM

For sure!

Re: Mixed Species - 03/11/18 09:41 PM

For a man that lives in Brady, your FIL is a fishing cat...he loves it as much as most of us...it was a pleasure to meet and fish with him..tell him to come back and fish anytime!

Re: Mixed Species - 03/12/18 02:13 AM

My father in law is a character. He had a blast. He enjoyed fishing with you as well. His butt was dragging that last day. I was pretty tired of cleaning fish. I’m glad he’s gone lol!! I learned my lesson on buying good beer when he’s here. I buy Nasty Light to appease him. Glad it’s cheap and it’s not too bad! Hahahaha!

Re: Mixed Species - 03/12/18 02:29 AM

Keep in mind, in Brady, nasty light is a PREMIUM BEER... roflmao roflmao

I will be happy to replace some of that premium beer of a different type, was gonna drop some by this afternoon, just got tied up and forgot to get to town...keep in mind...I always pay my own way...because I can!!! bannana2

Re: Mixed Species - 03/12/18 02:42 AM

Hahahaha. No worries. I always drink what’s left in your cooler. popcorn2
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum