Texas Fishing Forum

Smallmouth Guide Near LMF

Posted By: PaulRSF

Smallmouth Guide Near LMF - 01/11/18 05:11 AM

My wife and I are headed up to the LMF region sometime in April or May and I was looking for a guide for smallies on the fly. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Paul
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Smallmouth Guide Near LMF - 01/11/18 06:21 AM

Give Carey thorn aka tarponfly a shout, he might be able to help you.
Posted By: Canoeman1947

Re: Smallmouth Guide Near LMF - 01/11/18 03:10 PM

Ethan Wright of Wright Guide Service. He has been guiding on the Glover River, Mountain Fork River, and other waters within the Three Rivers Wildlife Management Area for over 25 years. He knows the waters like the back of his hand. He is a bit of a character, but can definitely get you into some smallmouth. Phone: (580) 236-4039.

Larry
Posted By: PaulRSF

Re: Smallmouth Guide Near LMF - 01/12/18 10:44 PM

Thanks for the suggestions!
Posted By: Golfer Jeff

Re: Smallmouth Guide Near LMF - 02/16/18 08:00 PM

Smallies - Ethan Wright. Carey will be chasing DFW sandies around that time.
Posted By: TarponFly

Re: Smallmouth Guide Near LMF - 03/01/18 02:28 PM

My season is October through January in B.B.

But, with the recent changes due to flooding throughout the park, in my eyes, I do not think it’s fair to take clients up there anymore. They stocked zone 2 and zone three and barely anything in the park for one month. Some clients can’t make that 2 mile walk or crawl around the rocks in zone three safely. They closed off one of my main walleye and smallmouth holes. They took in some big heavy equipment and bulldozed a lot of spots flat. Spots that used to be great spawning runs are now less than 6 inches deep in some places that were 3-4 ft. All of spillway creek used to be Great fishing, maybe it’s a mile or two long but only about 400 yards of it is actually fishable now. Only the bottom half and the upper top half. Nothing in the middle anymore. The amount of people that are starting to go up there is ridiculous now.

I would call Ethan as he fishes some secret spots that are full of smallmouth.

These statements are all my own opinion And how I view the river now. If they get a bunch more rain you could possibly flood out again.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum