Texas Fishing Forum

Jet Boat dealer recommendations

Posted By: G Love

Jet Boat dealer recommendations - 01/09/18 10:51 PM

I'm going to look into purchasing an outboard jet this spring to navigate rivers. I have a hard time finding anything solid around the DFW. I like the G3's or even the Lowe's. I probably won't be able to swing a custom but if anyone has any recommendations on places to look, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Posted By: Jesse10

Re: Jet Boat dealer recommendations - 01/10/18 02:10 PM

Havoc boats are a good choice imo. Look on microskiff.com. There’s a guy that has a towee calusa for sale in Austin. It has a mercury jet drive. It’s a good rig for running shallow rivers. It’s a fiberglass boat, only downfall is it’s fiberglass. If you could find a decent aluminum mod v jon boat and a jet drive, that would be optimal imo. You might want to check Gregg Orr Marine in Texarkana. Tunnel hulls might be an option with a jet drive. There’s a lot of variables when trying to run super shallow. Jack plates, tunnel hulls, loss of horsepower on jet drives, etc.
Posted By: Timberking

Re: Jet Boat dealer recommendations - 01/10/18 04:37 PM

Futrell Marine in Nashville, Arkansas. Buddy got a 18' Xpress with the 115 Merc. and jet foot. He lives on Little River. They also carry Blazer which are the cat's meow

Re: Jet Boat dealer recommendations - 01/11/18 03:05 PM

Jesse, Yes sir I'm looking for an aluminum tunnel rig. Jack plate is a plus. I'd mostly be running the Brazos behind PK and Whitney. A fiberglass would have a rough life in those areas haha.

Thanks guys, I will look in to these options.

Re: Jet Boat dealer recommendations - 01/11/18 09:12 PM

G Love, I’ve been looking for the past 6 months at options. I’ll be in touch. I know the area above and below Whitney pretty well. I’ll pm you soon.
Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: Jet Boat dealer recommendations - 01/12/18 06:47 AM

There was a coustom John boat went up the river above Whitney a few years back. Had a dump truck bed liner on the bottom of it. If I remember right was jet ski jet in a housing that pulled the water up through a screen. It went through two inches of water and didn’t flinch. He had pieced it together his self if I remember right. Sweet rig for very small shallow water for sure.

Re: Jet Boat dealer recommendations - 01/12/18 03:20 PM

I’ve seen those Robert. It’s called a jet john. They have YouTube vids on those. They’re home made. They will run in spit for sure.

Re: Jet Boat dealer recommendations - 01/12/18 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Robert Hunter
There was a coustom John boat went up the river above Whitney a few years back. Had a dump truck bed liner on the bottom of it. If I remember right was jet ski jet in a housing that pulled the water up through a screen. It went through two inches of water and didn’t flinch. He had pieced it together his self if I remember right. Sweet rig for very small shallow water for sure.

Yeah they're neat! A handy buddy of mine built one down here in Weatherford and he runs up around Dennis with it often. He built it on an 18' Jon hull and jet ski hardware. Made in to a center console and its a pretty handy rig!

Sounds good Jesse!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum