Texas Fishing Forum

CC Bay report 6/16/16 & vieo critique request

Posted By: TOO

CC Bay report 6/16/16 & vieo critique request - 06/18/16 01:58 AM

Fished CC bay shore on a drive up trip Thursday, June 16th, 2016. Had only 3 hours to fish and that window was from 9 to noon.
Picked up 30 brownies at the causeway and got to the shoreline. A dad and two adult sons,( guessing) were leaving and we talked briefly. Report was only undersized trout on brownies and popping corks.

Got in the water and free lined shrimp in the areas I figured would hold fish. Water clarity was a bit off green. Wind started picking up from the SE'ish.

Final tally was 20+ trout, including 4-6 keeper sized that due to angler errors of a knot in stringer & a lose grip, as well as a couple of pulled hooks, never made it onto the stringer. One was a solid 24"(+/-) trout that threw the hook directly in front of me. Caught a couple of the smallest trout I've seen in a while and a couple above 14" , rest were 10"-13" range.

Also land a redfish right at 20" that was eventually released as it measured 20" then 19.9", then back to 20" and back to 19.9", etc, so to be safe he was released. So no fish tacos or cerviche for after this trip.

Overall a good trip, short and not during ideal time but did get some camera work in and caught some fish, which is always good.

Video Critique Request
Put a single catch on the web for viewing and I'd like folks to critique. Last request to critique I made I acknowledged the obvious errors and got mostly [censored] from people on those errors I knew about. I'd like feedback on the below and anything I might have missed.
I'd like feedback on this video on a number of things.
-Camera is in different position, is there head movement or shakiness that is an issue, tolerable, or not an issue?
-Is the camera field of view OK or is it too wide?
- The audio is bad with the wind, especially when the camera is at right angles to the wind. Would caption or a voice over be better, I don't like the wind noise at all.

Trying to finalize a good balance on video production, not trying to make a TV level show, just a DVD complement to FFCB.
Appreciate any constructive input.

Re: CC Bay report 6/16/16 & vieo critique request - 06/18/16 03:03 PM

Second video of work in progress. Video screen cuts off the horizon at the beginning, and for a bit during the fight. I'd like some input if the cut off top is a distraction or OK? Again wind noise on the audio is a big problem in IMO.

Posted By: chuck_w

Re: CC Bay report 6/16/16 & vieo critique request - 06/18/16 09:21 PM

Hi Willie, good to see you on here again.

1. "head movement or shakiness" is not a problem with your new camera position in my opinion.
2. I think the field of view is good; not too wide.
3. Voice over or caption is a matter of personal opinion. If the wind were not so bad live commentary would be my first choice. If the wind was bad for very small segments or if you wanted to point something out on the video, then voice over or captioning would be a good option.

I am looking forward to seeing your final product. Please keep me in mind.
chuck

Re: CC Bay report 6/16/16 & vieo critique request - 06/21/16 04:17 PM

c_w, good to hear from you as well. Have not forgotten about your order. All previous buyers will get the DVD free. Problem this year was the rain caused alot of delays, so we're far behind on editing and getting things done.

Good to hear shakiness & head movement seems acceptable. It's sometimes hard to not move the head when you see something and want to quickly move & look.
FOV is an issue, trying to point out things further out does not show up well sometimes with this camera.

Trying to decide what to do w/audio or caption, wind is a bugger and really messes things up. Lots of funny and enlightened stuff was said but can't be heard. Truly awe inspiring stuff lost for ever. grin Hell even Bazztex & Liteliner would kneel and pay homage. wink

Holler if you get to the CC/Port A area and we'll see about meeting up and putting FFCB to good use.
Truly appreciate your input.

Originally Posted By: chuck_w
Hi Willie, good to see you on here again.

1. "head movement or shakiness" is not a problem with your new camera position in my opinion.
2. I think the field of view is good; not too wide.
3. Voice over or caption is a matter of personal opinion. If the wind were not so bad live commentary would be my first choice. If the wind was bad for very small segments or if you wanted to point something out on the video, then voice over or captioning would be a good option.

I am looking forward to seeing your final product. Please keep me in mind.
chuck
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: CC Bay report 6/16/16 & vieo critique request - 06/26/16 03:34 AM

Awesome post. Good job. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum