Texas Fishing Forum

Port A/ Aransas Pass Report

Posted By: JoshMan734

Port A/ Aransas Pass Report - 06/13/16 04:14 AM

Hey fellas just got home from a few days down at the island. What a blast of a week! Each day was a little bit of a grind but all in all we wrecked the trout! Tides and wind were goofy each day and Friday proved to be the toughest day with basically slack tide all morning and zero wind. But from reports and talking with guides the trout and there and are hungry. We left out of Hamptons in Aransas Pass and mostly fished around Shamrock Island, Dagger Flats and over around towards ingleside. Besides the artificial reef around Shamrock you have to key in on the deeper grass lines that have some sort of funnel from wind or tide for the big schools and bigger sized trout. The outside grass lines we mainly fished were in 4-6fow. Not exactly sure if that is deeper but IMO it is! So concentrate in the zone. I'd like to send out a BIG Thanks to Rockey Teague for showing us around and putting us on some good fish. Piggys and Crocker are the deal weightless with a little chartreuse bead above the hook. Awesome limits of 17-20inch trout! We did have two measure over 25"... One was 26 1/4 and another 25 3/4. Monsters I consider! We had an absolute blast and you need to get down there!
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Port A/ Aransas Pass Report - 06/15/16 03:00 AM

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!!! I will be there in 10 days&cNt wait! I will main be fishing surf, jetties & pier... Any info that route?
Posted By: JoshMan734

Re: Port A/ Aransas Pass Report - 06/19/16 02:47 AM

No we never stopped and asked how the jetties were fishing! We took my young nephews to the coast guard pier and caught a couple small trout and a few hard heads on shrimp! We mainly fished in the flats
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum