Texas Fishing Forum

Sport Fishing Happy Day Today Shark

Posted By: HDT

Sport Fishing Happy Day Today Shark - 05/08/16 12:40 PM

Fishing Fort Lauderdale with Topshotfishing and Capt. Zsak

Jennifer and Frank Ruggiero, who enjoy fishing for striped Bass in Rhode Island, chartered the Topshotfishing team to do some deep sea big game sport fishing in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. This charter was Frank’s special birthday gift to Jennifer. Winds were out of the east at 10 mph, seas running 2-3 ft., temperatures in the mid 80’s.

As the Topshotfishing team welcomed Jennifer aboard the boat, I asked her what she was interested in catching. Before I could finish the sentence, she replied – “A Shark!!” I told her we would try to accommodate her.

Fifteen minutes after leaving the dock, we put lines in the water north of the sea buoy in Fort Lauderdale located in 120 ft. of water 1.8 miles from shore. We started off trolling with two plainers down, three surface baits and one daisy chain teaser. Jennifer reeled in three Kingfish and two Bonitos while Frank documented on video her feat so that she can enjoy watching it later.

It was now time to hopefully fulfill Jennifer’s wish for a Shark. We headed out to a wreck that is located in 350 ft. of water in Fort Lauderdale, and put out one surface bait, one midrange bait and one bottom bait. Tick, tock, tick tock – 11 minutes went by, the midrange float disappeared and the line screamed off of the 80 International Reel – hooked up!!! – as the fire drill started – Jennifer jumped into the fighting chair to do battle. Dave, our mate, frantically retrieved the bottom line as Frank retrieved the surface line to avoid a near miss tangle. Jennifer screamed to the Shark, “You ***** - DON’T KEEP TAKING THE LINE OFF MY REEL” – as the line went in and out. Forty minutes later, Dave grabbed the leader and wired the Hammerhead Shark close to the boat for picture taking. Hooks were removed and the Shark, estimated at weighing 175 lbs., was released to fight again. I yelled down to Jennifer, “Happy Birthday, Jennifer” – her birthday wish came true.

It was time to head back from our deep sea fishing charter to the Bahia Mar Dock, located at 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316. The anglers enjoyed the relaxing trip back to the dock in the a/c salon.

For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter in Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellshouth.net Website: www.topshotfishing.com.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Sport Fishing Happy Day Today Shark - 05/10/16 12:53 PM

Awesome post! cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum