Texas Fishing Forum

Sabine, Spring Flounder Run?

Posted By: Capt. Lindy Hebert

Sabine, Spring Flounder Run? - 03/13/16 07:26 PM

Nobody said anything about a Flounder Run in Sabine? We caught more Flounder than anything else. First thing we did, started off working Speckled Trout under flocks of gulls. When that fizzled out and the wind started kicking up, we went to the L.A. Shoreline. Working marsh drains and shorelines, we spent the rest of the day catching Flounder. Most of the Flounder were 13'- 13-1/2". We threw back 3-4 for every one we kept. The later it got, the better the fishing got. Caught most on Gulp, and a few on Marsh Minnows. all were caught in 2'-3' of water. Water color looked good, and 71 degrees. www.luckylindycharters@yahoo.com
Posted By: D.D.R.

Re: Sabine, Spring Flounder Run? - 03/13/16 09:44 PM

I need to learn how to catch flounder on r&r, I usually have to gig em
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Sabine, Spring Flounder Run? - 03/16/16 11:42 PM

Nice fish. thumb
Posted By: smooth move

Re: Sabine, Spring Flounder Run? - 03/17/16 01:59 AM

is all that Sabine River water that shut I-10 down effecting the fishing for yall?
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: Sabine, Spring Flounder Run? - 03/17/16 02:13 AM

Originally Posted By: smooth move
is all that Sabine River water that shut I-10 down effecting the fishing for yall?

Here in Orange where the Sabine river flows into Sabine lake, the river is out of it's banks and flooding parts of Orange including many homes and businesses. This will mess things up on the river and in Sabine lake for a while. That's a lot of freshwater entering Sabine lake.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum