Texas Fishing Forum

Port Aransas Tuna hunt, new Century Club members 10-07-15 video added

Posted By: TOO

Port Aransas Tuna hunt, new Century Club members 10-07-15 video added - 10/08/15 03:15 PM

Got wind of Blackfin Tuna being brought to the dock in Port Aransas the last few days so did a little planning and got down to DSH on Wednesday for the Kingfisher open 12 hour trip.

Capt. Marvin buzzed the 17 of us out there a ways and targeted two shrimp boats that were in in the area that was producing tuna.

KF made three drifts at one shrimper and we filled the boxes with 102 Blackies, most 12-15# with a few running closer to 20, and one 120lb (+/-) Spinner Shark that whupped that anglers' azz. We left the tuna biting at 1:30 pm and headed back to dock with completely full boxes. Everyone had at least 3-4 tuna, some had more, a lot more. wink

Had anglers from Minnesota, Montana and elsewhere fishing the trip, including the now famous "Montana Sharkie", lady shark hunter.

Don't know the KF boat record for Blackies, but 102 put us in the BBC -"Blackfin Century Club".

Got videos but looks like they need to be shortened to post. Will work on it & see if can post video a bit later.

Fun trip, good folks to fish with, now excuse me while I go clean tuna, gonna be a while. grin

Posted By: Fullofit

Re: Port Aransas Tuna hunt, new Century Club members 10-07-15 - 10/09/15 11:04 AM

How much does a trip like that cost?
Posted By: tunatamer

Re: Port Aransas Tuna hunt, new Century Club members 10-07-15 - 10/09/15 02:21 PM

I could have sworn you just recently announced you would not be fishing Port A anymore. hmmm

Nice catch BTW .... reminds me of the old John Brennan days on the pelican.

Could be KF record. On the Pelican we regularly had days of 120 - 140 plus a YFT now and then.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Port Aransas Tuna hunt, new Century Club members 10-07-15 - 10/11/15 02:23 AM

Nice haul. cheers
Posted By: TOO

Re: Port Aransas Tuna hunt, new Century Club members 10-07-15 - 10/11/15 04:32 PM

Full, believe it was $140 pp. Best to call whatever dock you want to fish and ask to make sure & not rely on a posting.

BAF, appreciate the comment. Noticed you always have a good word on fresh or salt reports and events.

Quote:
I could have sworn you just recently announced you would not be fishing Port A anymore. hmmm

Never made a statement like that. Appreciate it if you'd not make false statements regarding me. In other words don't accuse me of saying things I didn't say.

4 minute video, best I can do right now.
https://vimeo.com/142057116
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum