Texas Fishing Forum

Port A from 7-6 to 7-10

Posted By: South Florida transplant

Port A from 7-6 to 7-10 - 07/13/15 04:45 PM

Stayed at Channelview Condos fished their private pier every night caught numerous Speckled and Sand Trout and Ladyfish. Used 1/4 oz. DOA Shrimp with popping Cork and 1/8 oz. chartruse Roadrunners. Fished the surf a couple times at Mile Marker 29. Hard heads and Whiting was the only thing there, used Cut mullet and dead shrimp. Was going to try the South Jetty but did a preliminary walk out there. Man that is a long walk and and only went half way. Too many cracks for me to walk around. I believe it would be very dangerous to try that walk after a few cold ones. May hire a guide next time I am determined to get a Bull Red.
Posted By: Lmgreeri

Re: Port A from 7-6 to 7-10 - 07/14/15 09:33 PM

If you go to the jetties to fish buy some short, hex-head sheet metal screws and screw them into the edges of your tennis shoe soles so they are not directly under your feet...kinda like hillbilly golf shoes. They will give you grip like a mountain goat in comfortable shoes on the slickest stuff out there. You still gotta be careful though. When you are done just unscrew them and you are back to your street shoes. Pick up a cheap nut driver while getting the screws...makes it much faster and easier to insert & remove them. thumb

Trust me...as a jetty rat for 25+ years ....I don't go without them. It's what I'm wearing while doing this kind of thing.....

(tagged for Harte Research)
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Port A from 7-6 to 7-10 - 07/15/15 04:14 AM

Awesome Post. Thanks for sharing. cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum