Texas Fishing Forum

Shore Fishing Galv or Port A

Posted By: Chiprat

Shore Fishing Galv or Port A - 05/26/15 06:53 PM

Hi, I have fished a few times on Shore, but never did much good, the last time I was in Port A, the Kelp/Seaweed, was Terrible. When is the best time to fish these beaches, with minimal trash?
Posted By: txhunt&fish10

Re: Shore Fishing Galv or Port A - 05/27/15 02:29 AM

July when the green water comes all the way in.
Posted By: TimL

Re: Shore Fishing Galv or Port A - 05/27/15 05:36 PM

Fortunately, the weed has not been a big problem this year down here around Mustang Island and Port A. My buddy and I have recently got limits of trout in the Mustang Island surf on silver spoons, topwaters and soft plastics when the wind is down and the water clarity good. We have also caught some big Jack Crevalle, which will give you the fight of your life on light tackle. When its rougher, not much bites but hardheads a few whiting and maybe a stray good fish or two. I prefer to fish the surf when the water is green with breakers less than 2 to 3 feet, a moving tide, water temp over 70 degrees, and baitfish active. There is never a sure bet to catch fish, but I believe your chances are best with those conditions. If you are just looking for some fish to fry up, whiting will bite year round most of the time and are delicious.
Posted By: Chiprat

Re: Shore Fishing Galv or Port A - 05/28/15 11:04 AM

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum