Texas Fishing Forum

McFaddin Beach Surf Fishing?

Posted By: rustedspurs4

McFaddin Beach Surf Fishing? - 05/04/15 08:39 PM

So I'll be headed down to the Galveston/crystal beach/Port Arthur area in a couple of weeks to do some surf fishing and I've never been. all my surf fishing has taken place on PINS. I've see the McFaddin national wildlife refuge and was wondering if anyone has any experience on it? Is it somewhat similar to PINS? I've read that you can only fish it during daylight hour? Are there any other good surf fishing places in that general area that are a little more secluded? I don't care to fish on top of people and don't mind driving out of the way (4x4) to get there. Thanks for the help.
Posted By: TheFluke215

Re: McFaddin Beach Surf Fishing? - 05/05/15 01:47 AM

I never fish Mcfaddin due to it being pretty trashed out. I do however fish High Island/Gilchrist area on a regular basis. Even on the weekends you can find a few hundred yards to yourself although I try to do most of my surf fishing during the week. Just try to stay on the High Island side of Rollover Pass and you should be good. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to help the best I can. Good Luck.
Posted By: rustedspurs4

Re: McFaddin Beach Surf Fishing? - 05/05/15 11:38 AM

Thanks for the reply Fluke. Do I need any kind of pass or something like that? I remember reading about buying a beach parking permit while in crystal beach. Thanks again,

Ben
Posted By: TheFluke215

Re: McFaddin Beach Surf Fishing? - 05/06/15 02:34 AM

Yeah you'll my need to get a beach pass. They're $10.00. You can get them at Market Basket in Winnie or at the Big Store at Crystal Beach. It's on your way towards Galveston probably 7-9 miles from Rollover Pass. I'm sure there are other places to get it but the above mentioned is where I purchase mine at.
Posted By: Lusso22

Re: McFaddin Beach Surf Fishing? - 05/14/15 01:50 AM

Mcfaddin Beach has no hour restrictions and you will not need any parking permit, passes, etc... I grew up in Sabine Pass so I spent weekends, summers and hours after school fishing that beach. It can get a little trashy at times with seaweed, it's not maintained as frequently as it used to be but the surf fishing is absolutely awesome.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum