Texas Fishing Forum

30" Redfish CPR'd

Posted By: Capt. Lindy Hebert

30" Redfish CPR'd - 06/29/14 03:39 AM

June 28,201 Strong South Winds were blowing the water from the Gulf into Sabine Lake all day. Lisa started the day with a 30" Redfish on a Texas Trout Killer (Opening Night). Talk about raising the bar in the first five minutes. Jim followed up with a Flounder in about 6' of water. The Speckled Trout were scattered, but as the day went on, we were sight casting schools of Trout. Birds were working the small Trout. The bigger Trout were not exposing themselves so easily. We had to work for a Sabine Grand Slam, and ended up with a nice fish fry. Jim hooked into another Big Red following a school of Trout, but the Redfish got a lucky break. Deep in the spool, was just enough of a kink to snap the line when the Redfish took a long run. The Red was probably to big anyway. I don't think anything was caught on live shrimp. Everything was caught on Texas Trout Killers. www.luckylindycharters
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: 30" Redfish CPR'd - 06/29/14 04:50 AM

Nice fish. Good job. cheers
Posted By: Salty-Dawg

Re: 30" Redfish CPR'd - 06/29/14 04:10 PM

Nice !

That is a great looking redfish. I'm going next weekend to Port O Connor. Hoping to get into few myself.
Posted By: moonriver

Re: 30" Redfish CPR'd - 07/22/14 04:48 AM

thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum