Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Texoma.

Posted By: DancesWithSquirrels

Lake Texoma. - 09/20/17 03:01 AM

Hello everyone. I'm going up to Texoma to go fishing with my mom. I've never been there, and I don't own a boat, so this might be a bit tricky. I really want to catch a striper, and we're only going to be there for three days. I'm assuming they would like lures such as poppers, and white slabs. So, I'm not too worried about what they hit. However, where are some good places to catch stripers and other fish from the bank? We're going to be close to Hagermen National Wildlife Refuge and Eisenhower State Park if that helps at all.
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Lake Texoma. - 09/20/17 08:41 PM

If you want to have fun catching stripers, hire a guide for half a day. If that isn't feasible, you can target cats off the shore at Eisenhower
Posted By: Gmann

Re: Lake Texoma. - 09/20/17 09:11 PM

It can be good in front of Eisenhower certain times of the year. You need to be out there 5-10 minutes before it get light. So if sunrise is 7:00, you need to be out there at least at 6:25, especially if it's sunny. Morning shallow bite usually doesn't last more than an hour or so, but can be longer if fish are feeding in the area.

Best bank would be where the wind is blowing into the shore, thus blowing shad up shallow. Throw topwater early then switch to a sassy shad or swim bait a little later after the sun gets up. May even catch some black bass or smallmouths.
Posted By: jcwebb70

Re: Lake Texoma. - 09/20/17 09:31 PM

Below the dam use to be good when the generators are generating.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum