Texas Fishing Forum

Dead rough fish left at the ramp on Lake Worth

Posted By: buda13

Dead rough fish left at the ramp on Lake Worth - 09/18/17 12:42 AM

These folks are back at it giving bow fishing a black eye. Several dead carp and gar left to rot on the ground around the 820 boat ramp. These were not novice shooters as nearly every fish the game warden and I inspected were head shots. Just a quick reminder, if you see these folks dumping fish PLEASE take down the vehicle license plate or TX numbers and report to Operation Game theif or if your at Lake Worth you can also call the FT Worth Marshalls office. I enjoy bow fishing, not posting to start a bow fishing debate... these people are illegally dumping the fish and leaving there mess behind for others to clean up. So if you see it please report it!!
Posted By: Tommar

Re: Dead rough fish left at the ramp on Lake Worth - 09/19/17 02:24 AM

I hope they catch them and string em up.
Posted By: Bruce's

Re: Dead rough fish left at the ramp on Lake Worth - 09/19/17 02:35 AM

There leaving them at the ramps on Grapevine also. I picked up 8 yesterday. And hauled them off.
Posted By: Squirrely Dan

Re: Dead rough fish left at the ramp on Lake Worth - 09/19/17 04:18 AM

Seen some at Bridgeport about a month ago on road going to ramp.
Posted By: JWC Nauticstar

Re: Dead rough fish left at the ramp on Lake Worth - 09/20/17 05:53 PM

I have seen a couple around Meadomeare Ramp at Grapevine the last couple of trips and was pleasantly surprised Monday that they were gone.
I have yet to see any TPWD wardens this year on GV to even site someone for the infractions. Thank you Bruce if you were the one that cleaned those up.
Posted By: Bruce's

Re: Dead rough fish left at the ramp on Lake Worth - 09/20/17 06:00 PM

I got them. They are in my garden now. I need a few more for my gardens. I dont like the smell and the waste but makes good fertilizer.
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Dead rough fish left at the ramp on Lake Worth - 09/20/17 06:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Bruce's Guide Service
I got them. They are in my garden now. I need a few more for my gardens. I dont like the smell and the waste but makes good fertilizer.

If you have the patience for this, it helps to compost them with grass clippings and coffee grounds first. Stop by a couple of Starbucks and ask for their leftover grounds - you'll get plenty.
Posted By: Devil Horse

Re: Dead rough fish left at the ramp on Lake Worth - 09/23/17 07:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Bruce's Guide Service
the best
Posted By: Jon

Re: Dead rough fish left at the ramp on Lake Worth - 10/22/17 05:24 AM

I made the mistake once of putting them straight in the garden without composting first. Hell, that's how the pictures of the indians doing it were in my 5th grade history book. Anyhow, it takes a long time for them to decompose that way.

Long enough that the next time you run the tiller, they might pop back up on top and stink to high heaven. Then, they don't want to go back under ground for some reason and then they're too chopped up and spread out by that point to re-bury with a shovel unless you want to spend 2 days messing with it.

I'd think that buried deep on the inside of a good hot working compost pile they should decompose fairly quick - at least quicker than just buried in a dirt garden. Maybe when you turn your pile, just leave that bottom layer with the fish in it to sit unturned, - not sure about that though.
Posted By: 9094

Re: Dead rough fish left at the ramp on Lake Worth - 10/22/17 02:05 PM

Use an old food processor and grind them up.
They decompose fast and work better.
Posted By: uncle_bagster

Re: Dead rough fish left at the ramp on Lake Worth - 10/23/17 09:53 PM

Maybe someone's doing this to get folks to load and unload quicker.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum