Texas Fishing Forum

Amazing. bad timing...Gander Mountain

Posted By: NitroUSAF

Amazing. bad timing...Gander Mountain - 08/24/17 12:53 PM

So I go into Gander Mountain yesterday in Lewisville. I know they are closing most stores so every once in awhile you find a true deal. So they are up to 70 to 90 percent off. Well I was late, the store was bare with some clothes in the center of the floor. by the way I go some good deals on the lightweight breath easy long sleeve fishing shirts. So here is the kicker, I see all the rods in the back corner with tape around them, and not the cheap once. I ask the guys at the counter can I look at them and he says a guy came in and purchase all of them. WOW that easily over 50 brand new rods and he spent .20 on the dollar. If the salesperson was telling me the truth, someone got a deal. Even if he sells them for twice what he paid he quickly doubles his money and someone get a great deal. Its all about timing!!!
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Amazing. bad timing...Gander Mountain - 08/24/17 12:55 PM

In order to have that kind of timing, you either need to work there, be a relative, or a best friend.
Posted By: bulletbass

Re: Amazing. bad timing...Gander Mountain - 08/24/17 02:33 PM

Same thing happend in the Frisco store. I was waiting until the 70-90% off to buy a few rods. The Gander Employee said a guy came in and bought all the RODs and ammo and said he was headed to the other stores. I assume he has a resale shop. All the string was gone as well. Most people did not realize the the braid string was made by sunline repacked as Gander string. I did get a RAM mount for a HDS10 for $40 bucks. It was the $125 ram mount BOOM.
Posted By: Indianation65

Re: Amazing. bad timing...Gander Mountain - 08/24/17 04:26 PM

If they were all taped together, that would make it easier to walk out with them while nobody was looking...

Buy all of them, but leave them to head to other stores. That's doesn't sound right.

...------
Posted By: NitroUSAF

Re: Amazing. bad timing...Gander Mountain - 08/24/17 07:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Indianation65
If they were all taped together, that would make it easier to walk out with them while nobody was looking...

Buy all of them, but leave them to head to other stores. That's doesn't sound right.

...------

No it doesn't seem right, but I am sure someone gave him advance notice. Oh well, stuff happens
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Amazing. bad timing...Gander Mountain - 08/24/17 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By: collincountytx
In order to have that kind of timing, you either need to work there, be a relative, or a best friend.

This
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Amazing. bad timing...Gander Mountain - 08/24/17 11:25 PM

Originally Posted By: collincountytx

Yep. They were holding them for themselves or a friend. Happens at our academy ALL the time
Posted By: steveh

Re: Amazing. bad timing...Gander Mountain - 08/28/17 03:33 AM

Nah, somebody did indeed buy all that stuff in bulk.
They bought up all the remaining fishing gear in the Arlington store. There was still quite a bit of soft plastics, boat stuff, and misc items, and they put the yellow tape up on all of it.
I doubt it was some guy though, I bet the liquidation company found a buyer for the remaining stock.
It wasn't Gander Mountain, nor their employees that have been calling the shots since the liquidation sale started.
Posted By: Jumpin J

Re: Amazing. bad timing...Gander Mountain - 09/01/17 03:10 AM

They are only closing 32 stores, around the country, home office, St. Paul, Min. Should still be able to redeem anything outstanding.
Posted By: SenkoSam

Re: Amazing. bad timing...Gander Mountain - 09/03/17 01:11 PM

Bet most of the stuff bought en masse will be sold on Ebay. Might still be some good deals versus the high prices Gander had for years. Up until the closing and four visits with over $250 spent, I rarely shopped there. Wonder id Dick's will be next?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum