Texas Fishing Forum

Gander Mountain-Buyer Beware

Posted By: grins

Gander Mountain-Buyer Beware - 07/21/17 12:12 AM

I bought a rod stand at the Lewisville store today. When I brought it home there were 3 pieces missing. I took it back and they would not do anything-no store credit, nothing. The kicker is that I was going to take the $17 credit and spend an additional $100 or so on a rod. I should have opened the box at the store and checked to make sure everything was there, which is the point of this post. If you buy ANYTHING from them now, make sure you open it up and that everything is in the box. They will not work with you if anything is missing.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Gander Mountain-Buyer Beware - 07/21/17 03:17 AM

Have they increased the sale prices any? I went in last week and had the same prices as almost a month ago. I didn't see any deals good enough to buy especially when you consider their no refund/exchange policy.
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Gander Mountain-Buyer Beware - 07/21/17 03:37 AM

40% off on lures.
No refund policy is clearly posted, liquidators are handling it all now, gander mountain has no say in the transactions.
Posted By: grins

Re: Gander Mountain-Buyer Beware - 07/21/17 03:52 AM

I was very aware of the no refund policy when I made the purchase. However, my assumption was that everything that was needed to assemble the rod holder was in the box. Yes, that is on me...my warning is simply to make sure folks OPEN the item they are about to purchase and make sure all parts are present.
Posted By: scruboak

Re: Gander Mountain-Buyer Beware - 07/21/17 08:22 AM

I didn't like them before they had their year long going out of business sale ...
Posted By: Fishingking

Re: Gander Mountain-Buyer Beware - 07/21/17 03:08 PM

Hope all of the other stores take note of what happens when you are always overpriced on everything. It is getting so easy to order on line from TW. Order on Monday and have it before Friday just in time for the weekend.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Gander Mountain-Buyer Beware - 07/22/17 06:27 PM

Originally Posted By: scruboak
I didn't like them before they had their year long going out of business sale ...

I still dont. Even their sale is a joke
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Gander Mountain-Buyer Beware - 07/23/17 01:51 PM

Posted By: Poke

Re: Gander Mountain-Buyer Beware - 07/24/17 02:54 AM

If you paid for it via CC then start the chargeback process VIA that way, That might be the only satisfaction you get.

Side note to that is we went up there the other day and my FIL found the only right hand bait caster left. When he opened the box at the counter it was missing a cap. Definitely inspect before you buy.
Posted By: SARG

Re: Gander Mountain-Buyer Beware - 07/30/17 03:14 PM

They all closed down as of yesterday
Spent nearly $800 and left with almost $3,900.00
Ill have my $800 back before sundown on Monday cheers
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Gander Mountain-Buyer Beware - 07/31/17 12:02 PM

Good riddance. I looked at their website a couple of times and their prices never encouraged me to go in one of their stores.
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: Gander Mountain-Buyer Beware - 08/03/17 02:35 AM

Never liked that store
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Gander Mountain-Buyer Beware - 08/03/17 05:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishingking
Hope all of the other stores take note of what happens when you are always overpriced on everything. It is getting so easy to order on line from TW. Order on Monday and have it before Friday just in time for the weekend.
Buying on line is not just about price but selection. Bass Pro does not even carry the shorter replacement blades for my fillet knife. So I go to Amazon and pick up other stuff while I am there.
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Gander Mountain-Buyer Beware - 08/03/17 08:51 PM

Got $386.00 worth of crappie plastics for $111.00 i am happy woot
Posted By: Stepnpress

Re: Gander Mountain-Buyer Beware - 08/03/17 10:49 PM

The one in Tyler is still open and full of merchandise.
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Gander Mountain-Buyer Beware - 08/04/17 03:10 AM

Yes it is and I just got a sweet deal on a rifle and scope that I've been watching for a few months
Also bought a ton of tackle that was on sale...I'm very happy
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Gander Mountain-Buyer Beware - 08/04/17 02:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishingking

Funny you mention TackleWarehouse. I was looking online and their price for Seguar invisx 20 lb line in a 200 yd spool is $29. Academy sells the same product for $19.95.

Yes, it pays to check a few sources but I can no longer assume TW is the lowest any longer
Posted By: 8upwithfishin'

Re: Gander Mountain-Buyer Beware - 08/06/17 01:11 AM

Is the one in Frisco still open?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum