Texas Fishing Forum

Anyone had any luck fishing Inks lake

Posted By: TexasTrader254

Anyone had any luck fishing Inks lake - 06/30/17 12:36 AM

Going there for the 4th, but never had any luck before. Should I try Buchanan instead? Thanks
Posted By: BrandoA

Re: Anyone had any luck fishing Inks lake - 06/30/17 01:27 AM

Inks is going to be a F'in mad house over the 4th. Buch won't be as bad
Posted By: Big'n On Jig'n

Re: Anyone had any luck fishing Inks lake - 06/30/17 09:39 AM

Spent 8 days there at the State Park during the first part of June. This was our 3rd year in a row for June as I've found this to be great fishing. I'm a die hard crappie fisherman but will target other species when the bite is slow. For all the negative reports of low crappie numbers,I have done very well the past three years. Also caught lots of channel cats and huge bluegill. Did catch blacks on brush piles but not my target species. Send me a PM if you would like locations and details for what I've learned over the past 3 yrs.
Posted By: Phototex

Re: Anyone had any luck fishing Inks lake - 06/30/17 12:35 PM

I haven't fished it for years, but back in the day, I used to catch a lot of bass on original #11 balsa Rapalas, fished on top as twitch baits near the rocks - especially between the dam and Camp Longhorn. Gold when overcast, silver when sunny. Senkos should do well, too. Over the Independence Day Weekend, it could get dangerous out there with untrained, careless, and/or inebriated boaters. Fish early and late, or at night. Please be careful, and good luck.
Posted By: tminc

Re: Anyone had any luck fishing Inks lake - 06/30/17 01:35 PM

the hybrids are around the green lights at night. lots of undersize fish but a blast to catch on topwaters, good luck and be careful its rookie weekend
Posted By: L. C. Clower

Re: Anyone had any luck fishing Inks lake - 07/02/17 06:23 PM

Originally Posted By: tminc
the hybrids are around the green lights at night. lots of undersize fish but a blast to catch on topwaters, good luck and be careful its rookie weekend

"...amateur night."- Ed McMahon on New Years'Eve

Not been there can anyone comment on facilities?
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Anyone had any luck fishing Inks lake - 07/02/17 06:39 PM

Been there a couple of times with mediocre results which kinda surprises me since the lake can't be overfished.
The only lake access is through the state park.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum