Texas Fishing Forum

What would yall look for?

Posted By: DryFire

What would yall look for? - 06/25/17 11:51 PM

Dad and I are looking for something to putter around in. Nothing much and he doesn't want anything that requires a bunch of maintenance. Although I would do the maintenance required for something a little more extensive that he is wanting. From my understanding his budget is $5000 and would like some sort of nice jon boat or small bass boat (he leans more towards the bass boat, naturally). Any suggestions on what to look for or what we could find him for around this price.
Posted By: Bilboinsa

Re: What would yall look for? - 06/26/17 01:49 AM

For puttering & fishing, I like pontoons.

Re: What would yall look for? - 06/26/17 03:41 AM

I guess I'll clarify. Looking for a good job boat or lower end bass boat. What should I be looking for in motor hp and things of that nature with his price point?
Posted By: SARG

Re: What would yall look for? - 06/26/17 09:16 AM

Get a used Tracker with a 75hp
You can putter and zoom
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: What would yall look for? - 06/26/17 09:53 PM

I personally don't care for jon boats because of the ride. Where do you want to fish? Rivers, ponds, big lakes? I'd find a small bass boat with around a 70hp motor in decent shape so you have enough power to get off if a storm pops up. My last boat was a 15' 70hp that I paid $3500 and ran it for 2 years until I upgraded. I'm in a 17.5' champion with a 115 in great shape that I paid $5600 for. So if your budget is 5k, and you take your time you should have some options
Posted By: ChuChu1

Re: What would yall look for? - 06/26/17 10:17 PM

Sent you a PM.

Re: What would yall look for? - 07/01/17 11:46 AM

Bobby, my dad would like to get around the less crowded areas of bigger lakes such as lake Lewisville and grapevine lake. I will keep an eye out for a good deal like what you mentioned when we have the money. Any suggestions on where to look other than this forum?
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: What would yall look for? - 07/02/17 04:10 AM

Craigslist and some dealers sell them at a reasonable price. Boattrader doesn't seem to have many lower priced boats listed normally.
Posted By: varnoldi

Re: What would yall look for? - 07/11/17 05:58 PM

wait till oct-dec. your 5k will get you a $7500 boat
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: What would yall look for? - 07/13/17 02:19 PM

Get a used Tracker with a 60 HP 4 stroke engine. You wont have much trouble with it and it's easy to launch and recover.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum