Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Barkley/Kentucky Lake

Posted By: Karo

Lake Barkley/Kentucky Lake - 06/24/17 10:33 PM

Anybody know anything about the fishing in either of these lakes? Gonna be spending a few days in August there watching the solar eclipse and was wondering if it's worth buying a Kentucky fishing license? thanks.
Posted By: RedRanger521

Re: Lake Barkley/Kentucky Lake - 06/28/17 01:36 AM

I used to fish up there a few years back-August is ledge fishing on Kentucky lake. Both bodies of water are different-and big. Kentucky is deeper and generally has more water clarity then Barkley. Both have very nice fish in them-It used to be a 16" minimum for black bass. Also you had to have both KY and Tennesee fishing license depending on where you were fishing-ie Paris Landing-I'm not sure if it has changed since or what but wouldn't be to difficult to figure out. A guide trip might be more in order as they could provide answers and good fishing without spending a lot of time on the water.
Posted By: TennTaz

Re: Lake Barkley/Kentucky Lake - 06/29/17 08:43 PM

I am from that part of the world. Grew up fishing Lake Barkly. I will be more than happy to share information about it. Please PM me with where you will be staying Paris Landing, TN or around Cadiz, KY etc..... August can be tough fishing unless you know where to go, LOL.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum