Texas Fishing Forum

Anybody fish lake of the Ozarks

Posted By: skeeter175

Anybody fish lake of the Ozarks - 06/04/17 08:18 PM

Going to a family reunion up there next month and any info on what to fish for and what kind of tackle to stock up on would be helpful.
Posted By: In2Deep

Re: Anybody fish lake of the Ozarks - 06/05/17 12:53 PM

LOTO is a great lake, and huge, so be ready to cover some water. Weekends are very busy with large cruisers and the water gets famously rough, so be careful. The Gravois arm is a popular place to wet a line. Lots of arms and coves to fish. Gravois Arm is at about the 6MM up from the Dam (Bagnell). Plastics work well off main lake points this time of year, as does topwater in the mornings and evenings. There are more docks around the lake than most other bodies of water in the U.S., so if you're into that -- it will be paradise for you. Go to Ozark Anglers on the web for some good fishing reports, or Bassing Bob. Enjoy your trip. It will be memorable. I2D
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Anybody fish lake of the Ozarks - 06/05/17 04:32 PM

Better talk to some guides or locals before going. If it keeps raining like it has might not be so good. I was in Eureka Springs Arkansas this past weekend and everything is flooded. Beaver Lake was so flooded all the campsites were under water. Maybe it will stop raining so much and you'll have a good trip. It's very pretty up there.
Posted By: skeeter175

Re: Anybody fish lake of the Ozarks - 06/05/17 06:24 PM

Thanks for the info,not planning to fish the weekend, but will probably stay up in the coves most of the time. I do have my dock shooting rod ready to go.i have been keeping an eye on the lake level and hope everything is back to normal by July.
Posted By: SwampyMarsh

Re: Anybody fish lake of the Ozarks - 06/05/17 09:22 PM

You'll catch bass on same things you catch them on in Texas. I am from Nebraska and have been to LOTO many times. Just work the lake like you would any other. You'll have a great time. It's a beautiful lake
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum